15 | Can I Kiss You?

#LOVE💗

♡Dove♡

Another day and a migraine to start it with.

I feel dead, my whole body feels numb, I couldn't even open up my eyes.

Paisley woke me up, "Dove! It's way past seven"

I stirred, my body ached and my heart felt like it was being torn apart, "ugh!" I groaned, I was in pain.

"Oh my God, you're burning!!" Said Paisley and I struggled to open my eyes, "you have a fever... Stay still, I'll go get you some water"

I pushed myself up and moved to the bathroom limping.

I almost tripped but opened up the door and went in.

Paisley arrived minutes later and pulled me out of the bathroom.

"You're sick Dove, and you're not going anywhere with that burning forehead!" She says stuffing the glass of water into my hand, I gasp and my throat aches.

After taking in a gulp, I pushed the glass to her and headed back for the bathroom.

"Hold it there young lady, you're not going anywhere and I mean it!" She says but I ignored her and kept moving.

She grabbed my arm and I flinched, "Dove, seriously! You can call your boss and tell him you're sick but you're too hot to go anywhere" she chuckled after that "literally"

A certain blue-eyed and dark-haired face comes into my mind and I get excited.

I pulled my arm out of her hold and cleared my aching throat, "I'm f-fiiine" I cough to clear my throat again "I don't need to go, I want to go and-"

"-but you don't have to go, it's better to be healthy than a wealthy Dove. You're not going anywhere" she turns to face the door "Steven!?"

"What?" I hear him ask outside the door

"You're watching her today and I'm going to work!" She says and turns to glare at me, "do not try me Dove, I mean it!"

I look disinterestedly at Steve as she moves away, opening the door for me to see him with his palm wrapped in a bandage.

After hearing the door thud and counting to sixty I walked to the bathroom, got dressed up and headed for the kitchen to eat.

After getting everything done, I held my bag and walked right past the sleeping Steve.

"Where are you going?" He asks, getting up and I just hold up a 20 dollar bill and he laughs "wow!" I picked up another, and another "drop it on the table" he said and lay back on the couch.

~~~

I arrived at the office and slowly took steps towards the elevator.

I was about to reach out to pull on the door to the office when it immediately flew open and the most captivating blue eyes greeted me. At the disastrous sight greeting him, his orbs softened.

"Dove", the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. He scanned me from head to toe and pulled me in "are you okay?" He asked.

I laughed, "just a fever, I'll be fine"

He pulled me into his arms and I tensed.

I could swear my fever had subsided just then. He took a whiff of my scent and I calmed down. He twirled me around so I could face him.

I turned beetroot while he scanned my face and his eyes finally landed on my lips.

He moved forward but paused midway while my heart soared, "c-can I kiss you?" He asked and I parted my lips.

A/N: shortest chapter ever! Just lacked motivation for a while.

Try to read! Vote! And comment!