25 | The Pack [4]

♡♥Dove♥♡

He walked towards the bed and sat next to me, clearing his throat.

I peeked out at him as he turned to me with a grin, "look who was drooling" he said with a smirk.

I put my face back into the pillow in embarrassment, he had seen me.

"Wh-what happened with..." I didn't want to assume that was his father and end up being wrong.

"My dad... He wasn't really..." I completed the sentence for him.

"Happy I was here, right? What were you talking about?"

He pressed his lips together to form a line and creased his brows, refusing to speak.

I could already guess what had happened, he refused to let me be their queen.

I sighed and let go of the pillow, pushing myself to the side of the bed next to him.

"I understand." I said, it had always been 'I understand' whenever I got unaccepted by people or denied of something and there was nothing else to say right now.

"No!" He said, "you're not leaving me or the pack! This is where you belong and you're going to be the Luna if he likes it or not!!"

He turned to grab me by the waist and adjust me on his lap but as the sparks came along, so did a sharp pain come by my right abdomen.

"Ssss..." I hissed, he did the same too. Almost like he was feeling the same thing.

"Are you hurt?" He asked, I just put my hand on his where my abdomen was, "shit! Sorry"

"I think it was when I fell off the tree", the incident came into my mind again and I shook it off. That was traumatizing.

He placed me back on the bed gently while I grinned like a Cheshire cat at how ridiculous he was being.

He stood right in front of me and said reluctantly, "I don't..." His eyes lit up before he could complete his sentence and grew foggy while he looked straight at the wall.

My mind had already connected the dots, they had some type of telekinesis... Is that what they call it? Mind control?

Ok, no. Let's just call it a group in their mind where they can talk with their eyes.

He came back to life, "are you done with your mind control?" I asked and he immediately burst into laughter which had me blushing.

"What?" He asked.

"Your mind chat superpower... I guess."

"How did you figure it out?"

"I'm not dumb."

"It's called mind-link" he said in the midst of chuckles.

"Okay! It's not that funny." I said, frowning which made him chuckle more.

You know that moment in a romantic movie where the ML is laughing at the FL and she takes the chance to admire him? I had always thought it was ridiculous but just look at me now, I bet I looked like a lovestruck teen.

"Mrs Hills is on her way. Do you need anything? A hot towel or a cold one?" He asked while I immediately wiped the drool of my lip and laughed.

He smirked.

"No need to be embarrassed about it. I look at you the same way." He said and I blushed but put my hands over to slap at my cheeks.

"Who was looking at you?" His smirk only went way up until it looked like a smile.

Mrs Hills knocked right at that moment and Lexus' face was replaced with a stern and serious expression, not like the warm one from before.

"You can come in." I said and she reluctantly pushed the door open.

Easily.

What the hell? I had tried to open the door but an old lady could just push it off.

"I'm sorry if I'm... Interrupting anything." She said and I blushed, what did she think we were doing.

Old people definitely had a dirtier mind. She wasn't exactly old but to me, once a person's past 37, they're old.

"We weren't- doing anything" I said.

"She's hurt. Heal it." Lexus said bluntly.

"Where?" She immediately came towards me and I moved back in surprise.

"It's not that much of a big deal, it's just a small pang, it'll go away."

Lexus walked towards me and raised my shirt or his shirt for her to see the injury, more like wound.

It was red, and I had torn off some skin, I think a branch had somehow gotten under the shirt and poked into my flesh, it was not noticed since the shirt was red and I didn't feel a bit of pain until he touched it.

"Ohhhh, it's not going to be a problem" said Mrs Hills as she hurried to her first-aid kit.

She came back and lifted the shirt to find the injury gone.

I gasped while she retracted whatever she was holding and looked back at Lexus with a grin, "it's working", she looked at my eyes, "your blood's mixed with his, you're healing yourself."

Lexus' eyes widened as he stared down at me, he moved closer, "your eyes..." He whispered but just as I was about to ask what he meant, the door was busted open and a middle-aged woman walked in with Adalyn trailing behind her putting on a guilty smile and a whole bunch of other people.

"Where is she? Where is the girl?" The woman asked and her eyes roamed the room before meeting mine.

Vote! Vote! Vote!
Thanks :* mwah!