12 | Lunch Together

Dove♡

I was back home and had stuffed the suit into the washing machine.

I had pretty much done nothing but spend my money today and read that boring book.

But the files littered all around the table bugged me because I would have to work on them tomorrow as he had said I would be doing my actual duties then.

So he hadn't paid me yesterday...

I groaned as I rolled over the couch to check the time on my phone.

10:49pm

Paisley still wasn't home yet and I was getting worried, where could she have gone? I'm not so sure she might have even gone to work today.

I called her again but it just went to voicemail.

I was about to call the police when the door opened up and a drained Paisley walked in.

She had dark bags under her eyes and she moved like a zombie.

"Where-" I hadn't even gone to the second word when she cut me off with her hand in the hair.

"Don't! I am physically and mentally drained right now. I'm heading to bed" she said and walked right past me to the bedroom, I heard a thud right after, she definitely just fell on it.

I walked to the bedroom and fell asleep right after.

~~~
The Next Day

"Good morning Mr Gray" I greeted and walked to my desk to settle down.

I was feeling oddly refreshed today and had a burst of energy rushing through me, you could just say I was in a good mood.

"G'morning" he replied

After settling down, I picked up a bag which I had neatly folded his suit in and handed it to him.

"Your suit Mr Gray, cleaned and folded"

He looked up at me with a smirked, "what's got you all happy today?" He asked and smiled,

"You could say, today's one of my days" I said and hurried back to my desk "so what do I start with today?"

"You sort out my emails" he said and turned to me with a smirk, "they are a mess"

"Got that!" I picked up my laptop and went on with sorting emails.

An hour later, my fingers were aching and my neck was stiff, YET! There were still about a million more to go!

"I cannot let this ruin my positive energy" I say through gritted teeth, I had been saying that for what seemed like years now.

The intercom rang, something about some client.

I turned to him and he looked at me with that stupid but yet handsome smirk, it looked like he was enjoying this.

"Alright then sir" I ended the call

"Do I have my meetings scheduled for tomorrow Miss Brown?" He asked

"Oh... Right!" I hurriedly turned to the notes I had written of his schedule tomorrow on a file.

"Can I have it?" He asked and I picked it up and handed it to him then I turned on my heels.

I was still responding to emails when he walked over with some more files and dropped them on my table. They landed with a loud plop!

"You have to type these up and send them as emails" he said and my mouth fell in shock.