V is for Virgin, & That's What I'll Forever Be: 26

Gabriella

I woke up with my tear strained face, not even realizing that I fell asleep in Ashton's arms last night. I was about to take his arms off my waist carefully when he suddenly held me closer to his chest making me let out a soft squeal.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me, smiling.

"Better. Thanks to you." I smiled back, not really comfortable with our proximity.

"So, what are your plans for today?" He asked, making me realize it's already the weekend.

"Nothing really. Maybe sulk in bed." I scoffed.

"That's not going to happen with me around. Come on, let's go somewhere." He smiles, standing up and reaching out his hand.

"Now? Seriously?"

"Seriously." He interjects, making me laugh.

I let him pull me off the bed and we decided to go for a stroll in a nearby park. He intertwined his fingers on mine, making my heart skip a beat. Just a little, anyway. We got icecreams and looked for a nice shade where we can relax. Finally settling on a nearby park bench beneath the old oak tree. As we sat down, we talked about anything under the sun. From our families, friends, cloud shapes, and for some reason, I really relaxed and for a moment, I haven't been thinking about Aiden.

"So tell me, what did you like about him?" He suddenly asked, making me flinch. "I mean, you can not answer the question. I'm just really curious since to be honest, he's a grade A asshole." His tone dark and threatening.

"Well, there's a story behind it, actually." I sighed, not sure if I should open up or not, but Ashton's been really kind to me and I wanted him to know. It would be unfair to him, if I keep it all to myself and let him open himself to me just like that. "First love, unfortunately." I said in a clipped tone. Then I proceeded in telling him the story of five years ago, the train, the busy Manhattan, his helping hand.

"Damn." I heard him sigh, "I wish I was the guy who saw you. I would never ever hurt you and use that fact to my advantage."

"Yeah, I guess people do change. I was just stupid, naive and probably the most hopeless of all hopeless romantics out there, thinking he is what he was, but who am I to judge? He just helped me. I mean, now that I think about it, I feel like it's the most natural thing to do... to help a helpless crying girl in a train station." I explained, sighing again, staring at my slowly melting icecream.

"I don't think so." He shrugged his shoulders, "I bet he's a really nice fellow before."

"Huh, that's something I don't expect from you at all." I laughed, admiring how nice he actually is.

"Nah, I'm trying to be understanding here but I still hate him." He made me laugh with this one, and we continued on our little relaxation therapy.

"Thanks for this. I needed this." I shyly smiled at him. He's so generous and nice, I wish I can just... transfer all of my feelings to Ashton.

"You mean, the icecream?" He laughs, making me nudge his arm.

"Well, nobody can resist chocolate and icecream. What more both?" I laughed back.

"So, I know this is not a good time to ask for another chance but I won't give up on you. I just want your permission for me to-"

"Yes." I interrupted, his expression shocked.

"Are you.. You didn't let me finish yet." He says, a blush tinting his cheeks, and I find it really cute.

"Hm, you mean would I repeat this day with you? Yes. Will I go on dates with you? Definitely. If you have a chance with me? I'm not sure, to be honest but I am willing to give it a try." I smiled, and his whole face lit up.

"I will not disappoint." He says, his eyes gazing at me, and there was something loving in his eyes I cannot ignore. He took my hand and gently pressed his lips on the back of it.

It's time to move on. I will not let Aiden ruin my chances of actually finding a beautiful love that someone could give me.

Ashton cupped my cheek, making me smile faintly, as he leaned in, and I know he was about to kiss me. I let my defenses down and closed my eyes, feeling his warm lips brushing my lower lip, probably asking for permission if he could kiss me.

Despite my sweaty palms and nervousness, I tried to tell myself this would be good for me. My head says yes, but my heart says I'm not ready for it yet. But what could go wrong? Ashton's a nice guy. Maybe if he kissed me, I could possibly fall for him and this would do me better knowing that Ashton can actually take care of me.

As if someone is reading my thoughts, a frisbee hit my arm making me wince in pain.

"Ow!" I shrieked, finding a familiar brown haired boy, smirking at me, as he rushes to reach the purple culprit lying flat on the grassy ground.

Oh. I know this smirk. This smirk I had fallen in love with twice.

"Hi mystery brunette five years ago." He says cheekily, before kneeling down the grass for us to be eye level, as he grabs my hair and kisses me passionately.

**

Hi guys! So we have a small Ashiella moment here not before Aiden spoiled it though. Ugh. :(

Still, I need your votes/comments on which love team you peg for the most.

Aidella, or Ashiella? This could actually help me think of the ending and who she ends up with. So vote/comment! xx