V is for Virgin, & That's What I'll Forever Be: 13

♡ Gabby ♡

"You are the luckiest girl in the planet." Lianna tells me while munching on her apple, emphasizing each word.

"Lianna, what are you saying?" I sighed, watching the football practice at a distance. "You are not even sure of what you're saying."

"Oh, I totally am." Lianna assures me. "Ashton Pierce is crazy about you!"

"You're not even sure about that." I say softly, hiding the blush from my cheeks.

"Would he randomly compliment a girl saying you're beautiful inside and out?" She tells me, raising her brow at me as if I'm the dumbest person alive.

"He doesn't. Okay? You can't prove that..." I mumbled, fiddling with my fingers.

"God, why are we watching at a distance anyway? I bet Ashton would want you to cheer for him at the courtside during his first official football practice." Lianna lectures, "I mean- wow, now that he's turned to a football player-" She stops, then trails her finger and points it at those crazy cheerleaders on the side, shouting for Ashton's name. "You gotta step up your A-game, girl."

My glance went to the crazy cheerleaders on the side and Ashton, a panicky feeling sweeping inside me.

"Oh my god, Lianna, what do I do?" I say, feeling horrified.

"Kiss him. Sleep with him." Lianna shrugs casually as if it's nothing.

"Oh no no, you are crazy. He didn't even ask me out on a date yet. How can you say stuff like that?" I shuddered at the thought in disgust.

"Gabby," Lianna interjected, "It's the 21st century, girls making a move is pretty much normal."

"Yeah, but- I don't want to throw myself at him!" I sigh, gaining a scowl from Lia.

"What?"

And then I remembered-- what Aiden said about Lianna throwing herself at him in the past.

"Oh god, Lia. Sorry, I didn't mean it that way." I say, giving her a sympathetic look.

"Ugh, now I'm remembering that cocky jerk instead." Lianna shudders in disgust then turns to me. "I can not believe you loved him before."

"Me neither." I sigh, feeling a bit strange that I'm agreeing to Lianna about it. I used to defend Aiden all the time.

Out of nowhere though, I felt something cold touch my cheek. I winced in surprise, and Lianna seems to flinch too.

"Look, I'm sorry." He roughly says. "Whatever I did to make you so mad at me the other day... I'm sorry."

I gasped, looking up and saw Aiden.

"No no, it's my fault.." I say, looking down and taking the cold can from him. "Thanks."

"Ahem," Lianna coughs, "I'll leave you two for a moment." Then she leaves- just like that- leaving us both here- alone. I am so going to kill her. >_

It was silent for a moment, then he sat beside me, his face serious, but then a wide smirk spread across his face making me raise my brow.

"What?" I asked, opening the cold can of Mountain Dew, and letting the cold contents of it slid in my throat.

"You were actually watching me all this time." He smirks, opening his own can of Mountain Dew.

The heat on my cheeks rose, and I retorted,

"No, I'm not!"

"You were watching the practice." He winked.

Okay, maybe truthfully, my eyes were watching him too during the practice, but I was watching the others too-like Ashton, Damien, Tristan and Brett!