V is for Virgin, & That's What I'll Forever Be: 23

Gabriella

Aiden is my boyfriend.

I clicked my tongue, as I tried to say it a few more times, as it is still unbelievable and I really liked the sound of it. Being Aiden's girlfriend that is.

It's been days since then, and I haven't spoken to Ashton about it yet, but today, I swear, I am going to break the news to him.

Aiden seems to notice how uncomfortable I am getting and slung his arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to him. "What's up?" He asked, with that deep voice of his' I love.

"I have to tell Ashton today." I firmly stated making Aiden grunt while mumbling something incoherent, as he slowly removed his arm around my shoulder. Is it just my imagination or I have a feeling Aiden is jealous?

"Are you jealous?" I cocked my head to the side, slightly amused that Aiden could be jealous and it's really cute.

"I'm not." He snorted, and it is pretty obvious he is not happy with the fact that I'm going to talk to Ashton again. "Go ahead and talk him."

"I just have to tell him about us, okay?" I smiled warmly, as I slowly kissed his cheek to say my goodbyes. "There's Ashton. I have to go chase him now." I say, pointing to Ashton at the end of the hall near the lockers.

"Whatever." Aiden rolled his eyes then dismissively waves off. I know he's not happy but I'll deal with him later.

As I spotted Ashton at the end of the hall, something was tugging my heartstrings. I know I have to atleast tell him about Aiden and I but suddenly, it's as if my feet is glued to the floor, and I couldn't move. As soon as he closed his locker door shut, our eyes met. We just stared at each other for a while and my mouth opened and closed, because I really don't know how to approach him.

I know I was going to hurt him, but the thought of hurting him is too painful since he's become a really good friend of mine, and I can't have that.

I slowly walked up to him, as he was frozen in his place as well upon seeing him, and wrapped my arms around him. I felt his shoulders stiffen, and I mumbled that I miss him before letting go.

"So..... I have to tell you something very important.." I bit my lip as I played with my fingers.

"What? That you and Aiden are together now?" He replied with a saracstic tone in his voice. 

"You knew?" I gasped.

"Well, it's not hard to tell seeing as both of you have grown close these past few days. The only times I see you in campus is when you're hanging around with him." He replied, his gaze trailing elsewhere.

"Look, I'm sorry-"

"Don't apologize." He cut me off, his voice softening. "I understand you like him, and as much as I really like you, I can't do anything about it."

My voice caught up my throat, as I struggled on holding in the tears starting to form in my eyes. Ashton's an amazing guy, and seeing him this hurt, is tearing me apart too.

"I hope we can remain friends...." I managed to say in a whisper, but still audible enough for him to hear.

"Yeah, just give me a few days.." He sighed, "I needed time alone."

As I watched his retreating back in a distance, there was a sudden pain in my chest I could not comprehend. I shrugged it off and went to class.