Bonus Chapter 3: The Mafia Reset

*sobs Katya (Alina and Konsy daughter/Katerina's niece) is 18 in this chapter

*sobs Katya (Alina and Konsy daughter/Katerina's niece) is 18 in this chapter."

"Here's a tip, next time you sneak out don't use the technique that I taught you."

Shit.

Busted.

Clapping his hands the living room lights flickered on and I'm came face to face with my uncle Zozo who was sitting on the couch eating a bucket of fried chicken.

"Uncle Zozo!" Running over to him I take the bucket that was sitting on his lap and place it on his left side before leaning in to give him a hug, "I missed you Zozo."

Sitting down next to him I snuggled into his right side enjoyed his warmth as the frigid snowy air was still around me." I finished my mission a little earlier so I could be here when you wake up on Christmas Eve kid." He said while placing his arm around my shoulder and bringing me in closer.

I have a weird love hate relationship with the holidays.

Like I love them especially since I'm still a kid- hello all the gifts. But holidays also mean family, and I'm always reminded of my father and aunt who both died before I was born. That's why Uncle Zozo, my mom and I always spend the holidays with one of my aunts and uncles so despite it being sad as we remember the twins, we still have each other.

This Christmas was a little different because Zozo had to go do a mission something about the British mafia and we weren't sure he would make it back to America in time to spend Christmas with uncle Jeffry and Auntie Opal, but thankfully he did.

Although he's my uncle, Zozo is as close to a dad as I can get, and I wouldn't want to miss a holiday without him. "I'm glad you're here, not only because I know you wont tell my mom I snuck out." I pleaded.

"To late kid."

Wincing at her tone of voice I met my moms eyes who was standing at the opening of the living room shaking her head. "Katya what were you thinking? Hmm sneaking out?"

"I was thinking this is my last Christmas as a kid lets go get high?"

Snorting at my answer I felt Zozo shrug," gotta appreciate her honesty."

I could have lied, but by now he's probably already smelled the smoke on me, and my mom would soon too, so lets just be upfront.

Opening her mouth probably to scold me she was interrupted by my Zozo, "ok, look I just finished a mission by myself early so I can spend some time with my girls before the riff raff comes in. So in the spirit of Christmas, I say we let this go, and we eat some chicken and watch the best Christmas movie EVER!'

"Elf," I called while my mother said, "the Grinch!!"

"No, Home Alone," rolling his eyes at our answers he picks up the remote turning on Home Alone while my mom tells me her letting this go is her big Christmas present to me.