68. All We Needed To Know

Walking into the soundproofed room in the basement of one of my warehouses I'm met with the sight of my bloodied and bruised father, chained up to a chair

His left eyeball has almost popped out of his socket, his now broken nose dripping with blood. His once white shirt is now a bright red hue as blood keeps spewing out from various parts of his body.

Good.

Sitting in the chair in front of him I can't help the rage that is bubbling in my stomach as I think about the fact that all I wanted was to be loved by that man. I didn't want his respect, or his power. I just wanted to be treated like his family, to be granted a hug an I'm proud of you.

For him to accept me as his son, that's all I wanted for years.

But I know better: a parent's love isn't earned; it should be unconditional.

So now? I fucking hate this man, he's the biggest piece of shit I've ever met and the vilest person in the world.

Like the mad man he is, he meets my gaze and erupts into a fit of laughter.

"You know I'm proud of you son, even though that whore may survive you did it- you took down the Russian mafia. So, kill me." He taunted, in between a few blood-filled coughs. "Kill me so the devil and I can root for you until you come join us."

Killing him would be too easy, he doesn't deserve a swift death. I want him to suffer. I want him to spend the last days of his life in pain as he rots from the inside out and vermin come and start eating at his decaying flesh.

Just like how he did to Lindsay, I'm going to trap him down here and let his inner demons kill him from the inside.

"Why?" I simply asked.

Currently Lindsay is sitting in a medically induced coma. They put her under so her body can heal without dealing with the stress of adapting to not being underground. She was tortured, abused, malnourished, lacking vitamin C due to her not being above ground.

I thought that she left me, my deep-rooted stance that I needed my father's love- that no one would want me steamed from her abandonment. But she didn't leave me- she loved me endlessly.

She was taken, ripped away from me to ensure my own destruction.

Raising his eyebrows in a convoluted way he huffed, "I have done a lot of things in my life boy, so you're going to have to be more specific than a simple why."

Closing my eyes in an attempt to keep my temper in check, I sighed " Lindsay, why?"

"She was influencing you too much, by putting these thoughts in your head. That you deserve love, that kindness will get you somewhere, bitch was making you weak. I thought I could beat that shit out of you, but even as a boy you were resilient." Shaking his head in disbelief he looked at me with a foul smirk "you had the Deluca fire, even has a boy."