Chapter Seventy-Eight

"One of your men who was following the car survived firefight." Finn explained to him. "Hit in the shoulder and thigh, but was able to get to the overturned car after they sped off. Probably thought everyone was-"

Harry's hands clenched at the back of the couch as Finn choked on his last word. He knew what he was going to say. Dead. They probably thought everyone was dead.

His lieutenant, Abigail, continued for him, placing her hand on his shoulder. "He tried to contact you, but he couldn't get through. Dev was the next person he called." She nodded to where Dev was off to the side, Harry's phone pulled apart in pieces in front of him. "When he also couldn't get ahold of you, he tried Finn."

"I was in a meeting with that Detective." Finn said gruffly, "Asking me all sorts of shit about that explosion and you and the Dvorsky's. All bullshit. I knew something was off when the badge that was accompanying her there left his radio on and a call went out to all available officers about a crash and shooting taking place near oldtown."

Harry looked over at Finn. "Detective Gold." He said, "If she's on this, she'll be watching us closely."

Abigail nodded, "We're still waiting for any video footage of what happened."

"Greta's working on it right now." Dev announced without looking up. "She should be able to track them to see where they took her."

Pushing off the couch, Harry started to pace. "We know who did this already. I don't need any tapes."

"Getting all the information we can before we strike is the best option-"

"I'm not waiting." Harry bit out, "I know where he is-"

"No, you don't." Finn stood, crossing his arms at Harry. "You know where some of his brother's businesses are. You know where he used to live with C-" He faltered for a moment, but steeled himself again. "The place is already emptied out. I sent someone over there an hour ago. You have no clue where to find him."

"Then I'll start with the goddamn restaurants or that shitty strip club." Harry spat, turning to grab his coat.

Finn intercepted him. "And then what's your plan? You do realize he's probably ordered everyone who knows anything into hiding. They'll expect you to come for them and they know how little we know."

"I don't care." Harry pushed past him, snatching his things, "I'll burn the buildings down one by one until I get their attention."

"No."

This time Finn grabbed him, but Harry was ready. He had so much pent up rage inside him that he was itching for a fight. His brother-in-law knew it too, and was expecting the reaction, looking for a fight himself.

Harry grabbed hold of Finn's collar and threw him against the wall.

"They have my wife." He seethed. "Your sister. And they killed your other one."

Finn pushed him off and swung his fist at his face. Harry tried to dodge it, but wasn't fast enough. The hit had his head flung to the side, the force of the blow feeling like relief. Harry needed to feel something other than panic. He couldn't think like this. He couldn't plan like this. He was useless to Ivy like this.

He heard the click of a gun - the safety being turned off - and knew that Finn's lieutenant was ready to shoot just in case. He didn't think that she would aim to kill since they were brothers by law, so he wasn't concerned with where that barrel was aimed.

This time, Finn grabbed ahold of him and threw Harry against the wall, rattling the portraits to his right. "You don't think I know that? You don't think that all I want to do is hunt them down and make them pay?"