Chapter One Hundred and Five

Rowan nodded at Blue, the guard watching Finn's floor. The three of them had left Castellan and his lackey tied up with Socks watching them, and headed straight for the hospital when they got the text from Finn.

Abby kept her face calm, but all she felt was pure relief. She was honestly worried that he wouldn't wake up even after the doctors assured them he was healing. She couldn't get the image of Finn collapsing in front of her and gasping for air out of her head.

A chill spread down her spine, but she ignored it and followed Rowan and Knox into Finn's hospital room.

Relief turned to anger.

"What the actual fuck do you think you're doing?" She demanded immediately, pushing past the two largest men in the room.

Finn turned around, his bare back showing off scars from the past before slipping on a plain black t-shirt. "I'm getting dressed so I can leave this place." He said casually.

"You literally just woke up from a coma-"

"Exactly. I'm awake and ready to go home-"

"You barely survived being poisoned only a few days ago-"

"Yet I am still here." Finn interrupted yet again, shrugging on a jacket. "Walking and talking, which means I am good enough to go."

Abby crossed her arms and gave him a look. "Oh, so is that at the recommendation of the doctor?"

"Of course it is." He replied simply, "Why wouldn't I listen to my esteemed doctors."

"Did you threaten him?" She asked.

"Abby, darling," he frowned, fixing his sleeves, "how could you think I would do such a thing?"

"Finn, you're annoying the shit out of me." Abby stormed forward and stole his phone from his hand so he would pay attention to her. "You are not going home until I personally speak with the doctors and they tell me it's okay. And don't forget that I am much scarier than you are."

His hand reached out and wrapped around her forearm, preventing her from walking out. "Abby." He said lowly. She looked up at him. "I am fine. I promise you. I can finish healing up away from here."

She narrowed her eyes at him and leaned in close enough to get in his face. "Don't think that you can go all soft on me and change my mind, Malone. I'm not new to your games."

Then, she shook him off and walked outside to track down the doctor.

†††

"Stop pouting, Abigail."

Abby pops her jaw and glares over at Finn in the elevator. "You're barely standing up by yourself."

It was true. Finn was leaning heavily against the side of the elevator, his face paler than before. He was losing steam fast.

"The doctor checked me out. My scans came back perfectly fine." He told her again. "I'm safe to get out of here."

"Hmph." Abby continued pouting petulantly.

When she had found the doctor, he had surprisingly agreed to what Finn had said. His scans were clear and if Finn was able to get up and use the restroom by himself, then he was good to go. Ten minutes later and they were moving out.

He had to hide back his smirk, because that would only piss her off more. He knew she wasn't the only one concerned about him going home, but Rowan and Knox weren't vocalizing it. They were letting Abby take care of that.

At that moment, Knox spoke up, suggesting, "Abby, why don't we go and get some food for dinner. We'll bring it back to the house while Rowan catches Finn up."