Chapter Forty-Seven

"We heard from Ren today." Ivy told Astrid, "She can't find the map anywhere."

Astrid sighed heavily, rubbing her face in her palms, "Of course, she can't. Tai knows how to hide his shit well."

"She was thinking he might have it at the house he meets you at."

Something crosses her face, and she said, "Maybe. It's supposed to be a space for us to not be... that, you know?"

"Reminded of who your allegiance is with?" Willow suggested, popping some fried calamari into her mouth. Astrid sent her a glare, but she just looked bewildered, "What?"

Ivy cleared her throat, gaining their attention back, "How do you feel about showing Ren your place?"

She could see immediately that her friend hated the idea, and she could understand why. That house was a safe place for Astrid and Tai. It was theirs, and allowing someone in probably felt like a betrayal of trust.

"It's probably the best bet." Willow said, "I would want something precious like that in a hidden location that very few knew about."

"I don't want her there." Astrid said stubbornly, "I'll look for the map myself."

Ivy raised an eyebrow at her, "Ren's not gonna trust you."

"Well, she's going to have to." Astrid crossed her arms and gave them a look that told them she wasn't budging.

It wasn't a fight Ivy was willing to have, especially not tonight. But she didn't have to think about it, because just over her friend's shoulder, she saw Cat making her way towards them. Confusion struck her, wondering why Cat would be here. They had just talked earlier today, and she was supposed to be following Harry.

Cat looked harried, passing by tables quickly but quietly. When she got to their's, she leaned in and whispered, "Something's happened. You need to come with me."

Willow and Astrid were watching them now, as Ivy asked, "What's going on?"

"I can tell you in the car." Cat brushed off the question then looked at Astrid, "And we could probably use your help."

"Go." Willow told them, "I'll settle the bill, and make it seem like nothing's wrong."

Ivy nodded, calmly getting up, ignoring the dread building in her gut. A few tables were looking at them curiously, so Ivy gave her cousin a hug and kissed her on the cheek in goodbye.

"Text me later." She whispered.

Ivy nodded, then followed an impatient looking Cat as Astrid did the same. The walk across the restaurant was one of the most stressful of her life. Not knowing what the fuck was happening was killing her, but she had to remain calm in front of everyone. It was what she was taught her whole life, ingrained so deeply that she couldn't not put on a face in times like this.

She recognized Harry's car and driver immediately, waiting at the curb for them. Oliver wasn't outside opening the door for them as usual, but stationed at the driver's seat for a quick getaway, adding to that building dread.

Cat opened the door and ushered them inside, following and slamming the door shut, then climbing into the far back seat.

"What's going on?" Ivy demanded, able to drop the act finally.

"Harry was fighting tonight and his opponent snuck a knife into the ring and stabbed him." She said, like she was reading the sentence off paper.

Ivy's blood ran cold.

Astrid kept questioning her, "Where?"

"The Hollow-"

"No, I mean where was he stabbed?"