Chapter Two

This is a triple update. Make sure to start with Chapter 1

His apartment was quiet, just as it always was. Harry draped his coat over the back of the couch, fixing his cuffs as he walked to the bar. He made himself a whiskey on the rocks, his eye catching the logo and breathing out an ironic laugh.

Shadows made shapes along the walls and floors, only a few lamps lighting the apartment. He moved between them until he got to the floor to ceiling windows on the south side of the room. The view from his penthouse was spectacular. It was one of the main reasons he had bought the place, second only to their security measures.

Harry saw the entire city standing here, all the way to the southernmost side. Her side.

This week hadn't exactly gone the way he thought it would. When he took over as CEO of Spechtron, he figured he would have more control over his life, but it had been made clear this week that it was a foolish man's dream. His father, as always, made a deal involving him without his consent. Patrick was a man that no one really said no to, including Harry himself.

He'd learned that lesson long ago.

Which meant that by the beginning of next year he would be married. To Ivy Malone. The Whiskey Heiress. Daughter to Cillian Malone, a man that could make the hardest men piss their pants on demand. With his hands dirty, pockets full, and connections to nearly every important person in this god forsaken city, he was also a man Harry couldn't say no too.

And he suspected Cillian's daughter knew better than to deny her father's requests just as Harry did.

They were now tied together whether they liked it or not. And it was clear to Harry that neither of them were happy about this arrangement. Well, Ivy wouldn't be happy as soon as her father told her of his plans. He still couldn't believe she hadn't known when he'd approached her tonight. Surely, she was pounding down her father's door demanding answers.

The image made him smirk. For being the media's darling she was also quite a firecracker. Quick on her feet, tongue laced with fire. Harry only had the upper hand in their meeting because she didn't have all the information laid out. Otherwise, he was sure she would've bested him.

He would need to be extra careful around her. She couldn't know what he was planning to do. No one could, but he felt as if she would be the most dangerous.

I don't care to speak to my father, was what she had said though. Ever since he heard the words leave her lips, he couldn't stop thinking about them.

His hands clenched at the bevy of emotions running through him. A hiss escapes his lips when a cut reopened on his knuckles. Looking down, he saw the freshly torn open wound. Fisting once more, he watched the split grow, ignoring the stinging sensation.

Once finding out about his last little bit of freedom being taken from him, the first thing Harry did was march down to The Hollow where he single-handedly knocked out two top contenders in the ring, solely to let out his anger. He was so wound up that they didn't even get a graze in, both matches lasting mere minutes.

The second thing he did was spend the night fucking and drinking. He and his future wife had yet to discuss anything about their arrangement, but Harry knew that the two of them together would cause a media frenzy, one that would last months, especially after the wedding they were sure to have. There was no way either of them could get away with a secret affair. They would be lucky to have a single private moment to themselves. Harry wouldn't risk the bad press, and certainly Ivy wouldn't either. She was much too smart for that.

That had been last night. Harry woke up in a haze, muscles sore from both the fight and the sex. He was sweating, the heat from the bodies next to him making it nearly unbearable under the sheets. Their sleep wasn't interrupted as he climbed off the bed, showered in the hotel room, and clothed himself. They knew exactly what they were getting by coming there that night, just as they always did.