Chapter Thirty-Six

Harry didn't know where things stood with Ivy. He trusted her when she said he couldn't have any of her until she got all of him. His wife wasn't the type to go back on her word, but there had been moments where he felt like he had her back.

And fuck, he missed her.

When he got so attached to Ivy, he didn't know. Maybe it was their wedding night or the day of the shooting. If he was honest with himself, he might admit that it could be all the way back to their first date when she walked in wearing that blue dress after he told her to wear red.

This situation was entirely his fault, he knew that, but he had his reasons.

Ivy walked beside him, wrapped up in a heavy coat, hair pulled back. Her makeup was already off for the night, showing the dark circles under her eyes. They matched his, and he knew she was getting just as much sleep as him. Which was very little.

They met at Dev's apartment, Griffin inside waiting for them. A yawn was covered by his large hand, him looking as tired as Harry felt. Even Dev looked worn down. This war was barely getting started and they were already exhausted. His small team was spread thin, and he knew he needed to take the next step, but he didn't feel ready. It was why he was so opposed to teaming up with the other families. Why he didn't want Ivy involved.

"What's going on?" Griffin asked, impatience threaded in his tone.

Dev picked up the laptop Griffin took from the hitman sent for CeCe and placed it on the table in front of them. "I tracked the person who put out the hit on your informant."

"Who?" Griffin demanded, standing up straighter.

Harry watched him closely. It wasn't like his lieutenant to get so worked up, but he knew something was going on between him and the dancer.

"I don't have an exact who-"

"What do you mean you don't-"

"Griffin." Harry stopped him.

They shared a look. Griffin looked as though he wanted a fight, but he backed down, crossing his arms and scowling.

Dev eyes him curiously, but continued, "I couldn't track a person because the IP address led me to a business."

Ivy spoke for the first time. "Was it the club? Or the building on Blossom Street?"

"I thought it might lead me there, but no." Dev sighed, turning his eyes on Harry. "It's from your building. Your office."

No one said anything for a long moment. Harry felt their eyes on him as he tried to reason with what he just heard. Someone had broken into his office, used his fucking computer, to put out a hit on one of his informants.

"Who has access to your office?" Ivy asked, her voice softer than it had been in a long time.

His eyes turned to hers, and he answered, "No one has explicit access besides me."

"That's not what I asked." She raised her eyebrows, "We all know our offices aren't a hundred percent secure. Look what happened to me."

The memory of that piece of shit following and chasing her in her own building had the anger inside him burning. They had been followed, toyed with, their homes broken into. Of course they got into his place of work.

Harry looked at Griffin. He was head of his security after all.

"Theoretically," Griffin started, "anyone who has access to the building could be able to get into your office."

"That narrows it down to just under a thousand people." Dev said dryly.

"But more likely, it would be those who can easily access the top half. Executives, assistants, janitorial staff, visitors meeting with someone high up in the company-"