Chapter Fifty-Five

When Harry arrived at Finn's an hour later, he was still pissed.

A fucking cyanide pill hidden in his mouth. He half wondered if they had learned from the last time Harry had caught their men or from a few days ago when Ivy shot dead the man they hired to kill Harry. Or was this guy following them today more dedicated to the cause?

Either way it was a huge loss on their front. Zero information was gained from him. Even his car was stripped with no license plate or tags.

One of Finn's men opened the door, surveying the three of them. Griffin had a surly look on his face from dealing with the cleanup, while Greta was still green from what she saw. She had spent a good thirty minutes puking in a bush after the man dropped dead. He stepped aside to let them in, closing and locking the door behind them.

Harry heard voices in the living room. His eyes landed on his wife first, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed. She was dressed down today, her legs covered by yoga pants and one of Harry's old sweatshirts adorning her upper half. It was his favorite look of hers.

The moment she saw him enter, she kicked off the wall and met him halfway. "What happened?"

He sighed, "Someone followed us as we left Dev's. We lured them out, but before we got a chance to interrogate, they killed themselves."

"You think it was a random or is it connected to everything?" Finn was the one to ask.

He was sitting down on the couch, elbows braced on his knees, fingers interlacing in front of him. There was a woman next to him that Harry had seen a few times, but never met. If he had to guess, she was his second, Abigail. Ivy had mentioned her off the cuff a few times.

"Connected." Harry told them, "Right before he died, he said, "he's coming for you"."

Ivy rolled her eyes at that, "These henchmen really need better taglines."

"Excuse me," Greta stepped forward, arms crossed tightly over her stomach, "can I use the restroom?"

Finn looked her up and down suspiciously, then said, "Abby will show you."

Abby smiled politely, standing up, "Right this way."

When they were out of range, Finn lifted his eyebrow at Harry, and said, "Greta Bianchi?"

"She's actually why we wanted to meet with you." Ivy said, moving to sit on the arm of a chair while Harry sat down in it.

"We've got a proposition for you." He started, "One I think you'll be interested in."

"Shall we wait for Greta, then?"

He nodded, "Yes."

"I heard about the fight last weekend." Finn stated, "It's good to see you walking around. Ivy's mentioned she took care of the man."

"She did." He squeezed her leg, "It all leads back to the same man."

"The Peters fellow that owns that strip club in oldtown?"

"Yes, we've also got some information about a restaurant he'll be opening up on blossom street."

"Near the old army encampment?" Finn questioned.

Ivy draped her arm over the back of the chair, leaning slightly into Harry, "I doubt that's the only place he's dipped his toes in. I'm operating under the assumption that he's got an in at several places around the city."

"The spiders." Finn noted.

"We've got a plan for that too."

"You two have been busy." He mused, looking between them.