Chapter 46

(A/N : I would really recommend to play the music above to feel the real emotions of the scene.)

Gunny along with some retired senior officers managed to break a small window on the upper side of the wall.

The Prime Minister, President and officials first let the children out. By now, other officers have also reached outside the auditorium.

Amidst all this, the firing was the only sound prominent in the entire area. The journalists and news channel reporters started to pour outside the campus. Police forces came up for backup.

The fire began to spread out but the official along with Prime Minister and President refused to leave before the women and children. The officers outside pulled almost everyone outside. Now only a few men were left.

Gunny was constantly trying to let people escape the fire. He gestured the other officer to take care as he ran to search for Naina.

Here, the smoke acted somewhat as a trigger and now Naina was suffering from the affects of the virus as well as the smoke, including the blood loss. She was hunched in a corner when she didn't notice the minister's goon approaching her. He hit her on the head and used the opportunity to chain her to the pillar in the auditorium.

As Naina came back to her senses, she realized that it wasn't a rope, it was a metal chain and hence, she could never break through it.

Gunny found her and he was shattered to see her chained. He tried everything in his might to get her out but it was impossible now.

"Gunny, listen to me... listen to me.... you have to get out. Bahar jao Gunny... Ek ka marna... do ke marne se behtar hain na. Leave now." Naina tried to persuade him to leave.

"Nahi.... main tumhe aise chhod kar nahi jaane wala. Hargiz nahi. Kya jawab dunga main bahar sabko? Aur baaki sabki ko chhod do..... main khud ko kabhi maaf nahi kar paunga. Agar aaj maine tumhe yahan chhod diya to mere yahan se zinda nikalne ka kya matlab?" It was the first time in her life, when she saw Gunny sobbing like a kid.

"Gunny please, zid mat karo. Dekho... it's.... it's impossible for me to leave now. But please, please...... Naveen Bhaiya... Alekh aur.... Raj ka dhyaan rakhna. Ye log khud ko nahi sambhal payenge. Please..... they'll need you... please Gunny.... I.... I am begging you. Meri akhiri ichha samajh kar hi sahi.... please in sab ka dhyan rakhna.... waada karo mujhse... please....." Naina too started crying. She was not afraid to die before... but now... when she had everything she ever wanted... she was scared to leave them alone.

"Gunny... bahar jaa... I'll stay here."

Both turned to see Raj standing there with an unreadable emotion.

"Raj? Tu??? Kya bol raha hai yar? I am not leaving you two..." Gunny tried to convince him.

"Chhodne ke liye nahi keh raha hu. Us bachche ko le kar ja... use chot lagi hai. Bahar jaa kar team le kar aa. And get something to cut these metal chains. Come fast...." Raj said to him in a composed voice.

"We still have time, Gunny. Jitna time lagayega... utna waqt humein kam milega. Jaldi jaa...." Raj pushed him towards the injured young officer.

Gunny turned to look at both them one last time, before he dragged the kid out.

"Aap kyun aa gaye yahan? Dimag kharab hai kya?" Naina tried to yell at Raj but it came out as a silent plea.

Raj just hugged her tight. He pulled away and cupped her face to make her look at him. "Naina, sirf meri taraf dekho. Yahan-wahan kahin bhi nahi. Look at me. It's okay. It's all going to be okay." He hugged her again as to shield her from the scene in front of them.

Raj was scared... scared for Naina. He cannot let her die here.

But as he was hugging her tight, he heard a loud crash behind him. Both Raj and Naina turned to see the source of crash, only to see a part of ceiling had fallen down and they could see the clear sky from there. Two more crashes were heard and there was little to no ceiling left now.

Raj and Naina looked at each other to see what was happening but instead water droplets touched their faces, accompanied by the thundering of jet planes.

Raj laughed as he realized who this was.... it was Neha.

The water kept pouring down and slowly the fire was put out... not completely... but the scorching heat of the air was not replaced the coolness of the downpour.

Raj leaned his forehead to Naina's and she just burst into tears. Raj just sat next to her, holding her tightly as they waited for someone to come.

1 hour later

The culprits were arrested and a thorough search operation was going on. Pooja and Naina were given the anti-dote. Turns out, all this while, the Armed Forces Medical Corps along with Indian Medical Association, were working on developing the anti-dote since day 1. And after a lot of trials and testing, it was successful. Although, it was 4-dosed antidote, still the government declared to provide it to the affected people, free. The antidote was delivered to Jammu and Kashmir and positive reports were received.

Our team received immense respect and gratitude as their analysis and actions were responsible for foiling a massive bio-war.

Turns out that the terrorists were following the notion of attacking the women of the country to defeat the men, as no man in the world can see his sister, mother, wife or lover die in front of his eyes.

They almost did scare our Majors, but let's just say... they messed with the wrong team... oops... wrong family as they were a family... they have moved past the stage of being just senior-junior, colleagues or friends.

NAINA WAS RIGHT TO BELIEVE THAT AT SOME POINT, HER PAINS AND SUFFERINGS WILL END.

RAJ WAS RIGHT TO IMAGINE HIS FUTURE... A FUTURE WITH A FAMILY... A FUTURE WITH A GIRL HE LOVED.

THEY DIDN'T EXPECT THAT BECAUSE 'THEY DID SO MUCH FOR THE NATION, THAT THEY DESERVE SOMETHING BACK'.... THEY EXPECTED THAT 'BECAUSE THEY ARE HUMAN' JUST LIKE US.... THEY DO HAVE A RIGHT TO HAVE A NORMAL LIFE... THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO BE WITH SOMEONE THEY LOVE... THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO CRY AND EXPRESS THEIR EMOTIONS AND GRIEF.

JUST BECAUSE THEY WEAR A UNIFORM AND MASK THEIR EMOTIONS, DOESN'T MEAN DON'T FEEL ANYTHING. ❤️

THE END

OH MY GOD... WITH THIS... 'YOU ARE MY EVERYTHING' OFFICIALLY COMES TO AN END. I AM SO OVERWHELMED RIGHT NOW THAT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO SAY ANYMORE.

BUT, I WAS SO SO BLESSED TO HAVE MET WITH YOU ALL BEAUTIFUL SOULS, WHO SUPPORTED AND LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH. WHEN I WROTE THE FIRST CHAPTER, I NEVER KNEW I WAS GOING TO RECEIVE SO MUCH LOVE AND HAVE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL AND REMEMBERABLE EXPERIENCE.

I THANK EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU, FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND LOVE THROUGHOUT THIS JOURNEY. TAKE CARE. BYE-BYE. LOVE YOU ALL❤️