Chapter 8

As soon as I came out from the psychoanalysis, I couldn't breathe. I wanted to scream. I wanted to yell. I wanted to cry but it felt like I was tied. No matter how I much I tried, I couldn't do anything. I felt suffocated. Everything around me blurred. I needed to breathe. Is there no one who believes me? My brother was innocent. Will no one ever trust me? Am I always going to be subjected to their torment, their hatred? Will I always have to prove my dignity, my self-respect to others? I need someone. God, I always heard that you never let anything hurt the good people. Then where is my angel? Is there no one to protect me?

And then, my eyes met his. The warmth in his eyes, melted the cold sheer darkness around me. He stepped closer. I wanted to speak. I wanted to complain about every wrong they ever did to me and my family. I wanted to tell him how much they hurt me. But I couldn't muster enough energy to even open my mouth. So I just stared. I just stared at him. It was only the barrier of my tears between us. But he somehow understood and engulfed me in his arms. I knew at that moment, that I have found my angel. I don't even remember hearing what he said or if he said anything to me. All I knew was that, there was someone who heard my silent screams. That someone was now here, right by my side. And as long as he was here, he was all I ever needed.

~~~~~~~~~
"Naina, they have agreed to let you stay in the academy. But on one condition."
"What condition Sir?"
"That you'll have to stop investigating Naveen's case and start focusing on your training completely."
"But Sir...."
"No buts Naina. Do you trust me?"
She just nodded her head.
"Then I promise you Naina. I am going to bring Naveen's truth in front of the whole world. No matter what price I'll have to pay. I'll prove Naveen's innocence."

~~~~~~~~~
"You'll be safe, right?"
"Don't worry about me Naina. Waise bhi maine apni zindagi is desh ke naam kar di hai. The nation always comes first for me."
"Or mera kya?" She wanted to ask aloud but stayed silent and just nodded her head.
Rajveer knew what she was thinking. He knew her better than anyone else. But what could he say? No matter how much he suffers but he will always put his country first. His country came before his own happiness. His love for the mother nation was greater than his love for his own life.

~~~~~~~~~

Is that how you felt Rajveer Sir? Maybe now, I can understand why you didn't stop me that day. At this point, maybe now I understand, that the country comes first. And for a soldier, their is never an option. A soldier's heart always chooses motherland, without a second thought.
"Are Naina, you are up" Shalini said.
"Yes Ma'am. How long was I sleeping?"
"Almost 5 hours now. Ab to almost dinner ka time ho gaya hai."
"Ma'am, can I have some of your time?"
Shalini knew that Naina needed to let her feelings out. Naina's guilt was consuming her entire being. Her guilt was overpowering the love she had for Rajveer. And eventually, this guilt will make her more reckless. She needed to let go of all the remorse, regret, guilt and anguish to finally embrace the love that she and Rajveer shared. Shalini knew it right away as soon as she noticed the way Rajveer used to look at Naina.

She shifted her chair near to Naina and closed the infirmary door.
"Kaho Naina. Kya baat hai?"

"Yaar ye Navu bhi na. Laptop on rakh ke pata nahi kahan chala gaya. Are ye to infirmary ka camera hai. Ye Naina itni serious kyun baithi hai? Hmm... dekhna padega." And Raj sat down in front of the screen.

"Ma'am. Honestly, mujhe nahin pata main kya bolu? But it hurts. It hurts too much. I don't know what's hurting me more? Jin par humne bharosa kiya unka is tarah se humein dhokha dena ya fir apno ko is tarah khona ki ek akhiri baar alvida bhi na keh pau. You know Shalini Ma'am there were a lot of things that I wanted to tell Naveen Bhaiya. It just happens you know. When you stay in a family, you get used to sharing every thing with them. Chhoti se chhoti baat bhi, you want to share with them. And at that time, distance doesn't matter. Same was with Rajveer Sir... I mean Rajveer...." and then Naina paused.
Shalini too was shocked by she stayed silent.

Meanwhile in the base now both Naveen and Raj were sitting, side by side and hearing Naina's words.

" I know he was my mentor. I know that my feelings were wrong in front of others. But kya mujhe ek normal zindagi ka haq nahi? It was suffocating. Na main apni marzi se bol sakti thi. Na hi kuchh kar sakti thi. Are mujhe to kuchh sochne ki permission nahi di kisi ne. Constantly dimag mein rehta tha kisi ne sun liya, kisi ne dekh liya to kya hoga. Kya pata mere actions ko kya bana kar sabke samne laya jaye. To fir Rajveer se sabke samne eye contact karna bhi......" She breathed out heavily, slightly shaking.
Shalini realized that all the trauma that Naina went through such a young age was now eating her from inside. So she decide to intervene now.
"Naina, look at me. You did nothing wrong. You were not guilty and neither was Rajveer. This system just needed someone to blame. But it was impossible to defeat Rajveer and you. Isliye un logo tum dono ko ek doosro ki kamzori bana diya. They targeted Rajveer by dragging you in the court room and they targeted you by blaming Rajveer's love for you. If anyone is at fault, it's them. I am not going to say that it doesn't hurt. Naveen bahut jaldi hum sab ko chhod kar chala gaya. But don't you dare think that he wasn't thinking about you in his last moments. I can feel him Naina. He is proud of you. Trust me. He is with you at every point. And as for Rajveer..." Shalini composed herself and continued,
"Rajveer loved you immensely Naina. Har baat shabdo se nahin samjhai jaati hai. His eyes were enough to convey everything. Cherish the love that you both shared. Mujhse behtar ye baat koi tumhe nahi samjha sakta Naina, ki do log ke sath rehne ka koi matlab nahi agar unke beech pyar na ho. Aur agar do logo ke beech mein pyar hai... to faaslo se farq nahi padta. Let that love be eternal Naina. Don't let it get hidden under this remorse, guilt, anguish or whatever you're feeling. Stay the Naina, with whom Rajveer fell in love with. Stay Naveen's little girl. Don't let people believe that these people were strong enough to change 'Naveen's Gudiya' and 'Rajveer's Love'.... let go of all this pain. It's okay now..."
And Naina hugged Shalini cried her heart out. She felt like after 2 years, finally she could breathe now. Finally she can let go of all the ill feelings. She didn't want to lose herself anymore now.

Meanwhile at the base

Naveen stepped out of the room after hearing Naina's sobs. He went to the balcony and covered his face with his hands. And he cried. Cried until his eyes could no longer produce any tears. And as for Rajveer, he kept repeating again and again...

"Naina main yahi hu. Tumhara Rajveer yahin hai. Kahin nahi gaya hu. Tumse wada kiya tha na tum mujhe kabhi nahi kho paogi... I am right here Naina. I am right here."

THIS CHAPTER WAS SO EMOTIONAL TO WRITE. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT IT. THIS CHAPTER WAS ALL ABOUT NAINA'S FEELING AND MAYBE, SHE GOT THE CLOSURE THAT SHE NEEDED. DO LEAVE LOTS OF COMMENTS AND DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND SHARE. LOVE YOU ALL. TAKE CARE ❤