Chapter 20

"Boss, apko kya lagta hai? Ye aadmi jo bol kar gaya hai... ye sach hai?"

"Jitne confidence mein wo aadmi yaha se gaya hai... usne sach hi kaha hoga."

"To fir ab kya karenge boss?"

"Ab shuru hoga game ka second round. Bahut shouq hai na in sab ko hoshiyari ka, inki saari hekdi nikalni padegi."

"Boss......" A man came running in the room.

"Kya hua?"

"Boss meri bachchi or meri biwi ka ab tak koi ata pata nahi hai. Please meri madad kijiye. Please mere pariwar ko dhundhiye."

"Isme main kya karu? Ye darpok ki tarah rona band kar aur kaam par dhyaan de?"

"Kya??? Mere pariwar ki jaan par bani hai aur apko kaam ki padi hai?"

"To kya karu? Sab kaam dhandha chhod kar, ab teri biwi ko dhundhne nikal jau. Aisi kaun si Miss World hai, jiske bina tujhse raha nahi jaa raha hai." The boss joked and started laughing.

"Bas bahut ho gaya..." The man yelled in anger.

"Khabardaar agar meri biwi ke baare mein ek bhi lafz aur kaha to."

"Awaaz neeche rakh kar baat kar mujhse." The head got up from the chair.

By then, other men came and dragged the poor guy away.

"Agar mere pariwar par ek aanch bhi aayi to main is aadmi ko zinda nahi chhodunga."

At this, all the others whose family members were missing, agreed to his point.

Suddenly, one of them got a video message on his phone. The other three tried to see, hoping that maybe he got a link about his family. The video turned out to be an old video. But the moment man saw the video, he fell on his knees.

(The credits are to the rightful owners. The original video - Vande Mataram by Esther Hnamte. Please imagine the child to be the man's daughter.)

As soon as the other men saw, even their eyes became moist.

"Meri beti ne gaana gaya tha. Ye meri beti ki awaaz hai.... meri bachchi...." He said in a trembling voice. He got so emotional that he got up and went to other room.

He started singing with her voice. But the moment he sang, the words that came out were, 

"Maa Tujhe Salam... Maa Tujhe Salam... Amma Tujhe Salam.... Vande Mataram (I salute you and bow to you, motherland)"

That's when he jolted out of his trance and realised what he was singing. He was singing the national song of the country. The country, he is betraying for money. He is betraying the countrymen including the numerous children and wives and mothers and fathers and brothers. 

Now he was understanding the pain of losing someone. He could not handle the weight of guilt that pressed on his chest. It has been just 2 days since he lost his daughter and he was devasted. What would have those mothers felt when their innocent sons were framed and labelled as traitors? What would those children feel when other children will call them the 'child of a traitor' and the ladies, what will they answer when someone will ask "Is that why you used to wait for 11 months, just to see your husband? Even when he was selling his country." All these thoughts were so overwhelming that the man threw his mobile towards the wall where it broke into pieces.