Chapter 28

As soon as Naveen entered the base the first question Raj asked was,

"Naina kaisi hai? Kahan chali gayi thi? All good? Bol.... Abe bol na?" He said in a single breath.

Whereas Naveen just kept staring at him, all the while calmly drinking the water. 

"Tujhe kya lagta hai? Agar koi problem hoti to kya main itne aaram se pani pi raha hota?" Naveen said.

"Han ye baat to hai. But tell me how is she?" Raj repeated his question.

"She is good. She went to canteen kyunki use 'colour wala pani' diya jaa raha tha. I wonder maine ye dialogue kaha suna hai...." Naveen said slightly glaring at Rajveer.

Raj couldn't help but smile, thinking of Naina's expression while saying this particular line. He could actually picture Naina making a face and complaining to Naveen or others about the hospital food.

"Arghh.... fir se shuru ho gaya tu. Dude, stop acting so love-sick. I mean mujhe thoda khush hona chahiye ki meri behen ka itna koi dhyan rakhta hai but to be honest... it's weird seeing my best friend acting like that." Naveen muttered in an irritated voice.

"Yeah yeah... get used to it." Raj said.

"Mujhe aisa kyun lag raha ki tujhe jab se sar par chot lagi hai... tera muh bahut zyada chalne laga...?" Naveen taunted.

"Abe sar ki chot ka nahi.... teri behen ki sangati ka asar hai. Ab wo itni baatein karti thi to meri bhi adat ho gayi." Raj said while clearing his table and stacking the files on the side.

"Tune meri behen ko baatuni kaha?" Naveen picked up a glass to hit Raj..... again.....

"Don't you dare hit me with something, Naveen. I meant that in a good way." Raj said without turning around. Somehow he knew, that as soon as those words went out of his mouth, Naveen would be prepared to hit him.

"Chal ab ye sab baatein baad mein karenge. Let's focus on work." Raj said in a serious tone.

"Ek baat puchhu?" Naveen asked.

"Agar main mana karunga to bhi tu bolega. So yeah Navu, bol kya puchhna hai?" Raj said as he sat on the chair.

Naveen initially made a face but he realized that Raj was acting really jolly ever-since Naveen came back from the hospital. That could only mean that he was hiding his real emotions. Rajveer was never a fan of expressing himself. Which is why, as he grew old, he became more and more reserved. Naveen would never say it in front of Raj but he was happy that Raj has changed... in a positive way. He was a little blown away when Raj declared his love for Naina so directly. Naveen's plan was to tease him but that went out of the window after Raj's confession. Naveen was thankful to his baby sister that she was the reason behind this huge change. Naveen was thankful to all the captains who not only respected Raj as a mentor but also fought the legal battle for him like a family fighting together. Even though Raj was now more open about his feelings but Naveen could read his friend like an open book. Raj was trying to mask his emotions.

So he asked, "You just asked how Naina was. Aren't you mad that I went alone to meet her? I am sure tu bhi usse milna chahta hoga. Then how come you didn't complain even once?" 

Raj's mask fell at once. His smile vanished and now it was replaced with a rueful smile.

"You are right. But I know that Naina needed you the most right now. I am just happy that she got to meet you. She needed her brother after everything she suffered. I can't imagine how desperately she must be waiting to meet her brother in real after seeing you alive on the video call after knowing that you were so near her. And healthy." Raj said in a small voice.

"As desperately as she is waiting to meet you, Raj." Naveen said in a determined voice and Raj looked up to him.

"She needed as much as she needs you. I may joke that I am more important to her and she is my sister and all. But ek baat apne dimag mein bitha le aaj... dobara tere muh se mujhe ye bakwas nahi sunni. She needs you as much as she needs me. Uski zindagi mein jitni value meri hai utni hi teri bhi hai. You know why?" 

Raj shook his head in response.

"Because we both are her family. Uski zindagi teri bhi wahi ahmiyat jo meri hai. We are a family, got that? I don't want anyone else to feed some rubbish to you. Stop thinking that you are out of the family. Pehle tu sirf mera yaar tha.. mera bhai tha... but now you are her family. Raj main bhale hi tujhe kuchh bhi bolu but maine apni gudiya teri haathon mein saunpi hai. Meri bachchi ab teri amanat hai. Uska dhyan tujhe hi rakhna hai. Aur I don't want ki jis aadmi ko maine apni bachchi saunpi hai, use khud par hi bharosa na ho. Wo apne aap ko parivar se alag samjhe. Samjha?" Naveen said in a stern voice.

Raj nodded like a child and wiped his tears discreetly. Growing up without a real family, he was sometimes surrounded by all these inferior thoughts. But back then and even now, his friends were here to pull him out of this labrinth.

"Waise Navu.... you are calling me your brother and then you are giving me permission to court your sister. Tujhe nahi lagta ye relation thoda ulta jaa raha hai..." Raj joked. 

"Abe saale tu na..... emotions samjh na....." Naveen yelled as Raj went to another room to fetch a notebook.

Naveen's gaze fell on the picture on Raj's computer screen.

"Raj, what's this on your computer screen?" Naveen inquired.

"That.... that is a medicine which when combined with another medicine starts acting like a slow poison. I found a case from a few years back. Doctors could not trace the poison. It was later found that the medicines when taken separately had no effect on the person but when taken together, can actually act as a slow poison in combination. Hence, no one could suspect. A really smart move, I must say. The doctor may.... Navu????? You okay?" Raj asked getting concerned, only to see Naveen falling in the chair.

"Navu???? What's wrong? Bol yaar? Kya hua?" Raj thought that maybe he should not have mentioned the slow poison. Naveen was maybe triggered by it.

"I am sorry yar... I...."

"I gave this medicine to Naina...." Naveen whispered in a scared voice.

"Whatttttt?" Raj practically yelled.

"Are you sure? Maybe tujhe koi galat fehmi hui ho. There can be more bottles which may look like this one." Raj tried to contradict Naveen's statement.

"I am sure Raj. Maine hi Naina ko uski medicines khilayi thi. This was one of them." Naveen said, now clearly panicked.

"Alright. We need calm down. As I said, it needs it complimentary medicine to act as poison. Without it, it is just a normal med. So relax. Maybe, she is just taking this medicine. Nothing to worry about." Raj tried to explain but internally he was freaking out after hearing the information from Naveen.

Raj immediately called Alekh and said to send the names along with the picture of every single of one of Naina's medicines.

They were relieved to find that Naina was not taking any of the complimentary medicine, hence she was safe. If only things were as simple as they looked.

HEY YA GUYS. SO SORRY FOR SUCH A LATE UPDATE. THE SCHEDULE IS SO HECTIC THAT I DON'T EVEN HAVE TIME TO EAT OR SLEEP. BUT I'LL TRY TO UPDATE SOON. 🥺

ALRIGHT, LEAVING THAT BEHIND, HOW WAS THIS CHAPTER? I THOUGHT THAT A LITTLE BROMANCE WAS NEEDED HERE. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT NAVEEN'S REVEALATION? WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT? IS NAINA REALLY OUT OF DANGER OR NOT? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE. TILL THEN, TA-TA. TAKE CARE. LOVE YOU ALL.❤️

 ALSO THANKS TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FOR THIS IMMENSE LOVE AND SUPPORT. I REALLY LOVE READING THE COMMENTS OF EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU. I'LL TRY TO REPLY TO EVERY COMMENT.😍