Chapter 33

Raj and Naina sat in silence for hours. Only the clicking of keyboard keys was heard. Initially there was a bit of awkwardness and slowly they got back to their routine from academy days. Naina would occasionally ask for help or share her doubts with Raj and Raj himself, would take a look at her work without her notice, every once in a while. 

After hearing Raj's plan, here people in KMA were solely focused on how Naina's request was going to be fulfilled.

"Wo sab chhodo... ye phoolan kahan gayab hai... subah se dikhi hi nahi." Huda said in a low-voice.

"Dude ye Naina ko bina bataye bhagne mein PhD karna hai kya? Aaj kal ye bahut zyada hi bhaag rahi hai idhar udhar." Yudi asked, now really confused.

"Are ye ladki bahar nikli kaise?" Alekh said getting tired of Naina's actions.

"Ye Naina ki wajah se na mera poora system hang ho raha hai. Bata rahi hu main." Pooja rubbed her temples to ease the increasing headache.

"Are shaant ho jaiye aap sab log. Naveen Bhaiya ko samjhane dijiye." Ali tried to calm down all of them.

Abhimanyu, Naveen, Gunny and Shalini entered the meeting room. Seems like they were now indirectly living in this room, judging by the amount of time they were spending here.

"Alright guys, have a seat. We need to discuss some really important things. We have less than 10 days left now." Abhimanyu said.

"But sir, Phoolan, I mean Naina to aayi hi nahi." Huda asked.

"Right. Naveen Naina kahan hai?" Gunny turned to Naveen while silently sending message from his eyes as if ask why wasn't she back.

"Umm.. about that. I'll tell you all after this meeting." Naveen said and connected to the commander.

He took a deep breath. He knew that he was probably going to be grilled for this.

"Good afternoon, Officers. What was so urgent?" 

"Actually Sir, I have a request to make."

"What is it, Major?" Commander asked.

"Um... Sir, I need your permission for something." Naveen said, taking a deep breath before choosing his next words.

"Permission for what? Speak clearly." 

"Sir, I need your permission to allow our team to work together." Naveen said.

"You all are.... working together. What do you mean by this?" Now, even the head was confused.

"Together means including Major Shekhawat, Sir. Before you say something, please allow me to explain. When I was wrongly framed a few years back, it was Rajveer who investigated the matter and hence did the research. When Raj was framed it was Naina who did the research about these things. Sir, there are still many things that only Raj or Naina or I know about. We don't have enough time to make copies of each information and share with each other. That would just take up a lot of our time. Please trust me Sir, there is so much information that is not yet shared, which can be immensely helpful for this mission. Therefore please, allow us to work together. We need to come up with a plan." Naveen tried to convince the head and commander.

They seniors stayed quiet for some time. Then, the commander said, "I see. Fine, I have some conditions."

Naveen straightened his back in anticipation.

"Number 1, you'll share the complete information with me first. Number 2, I need locations of your spies, including Major Shekhawat. Number 3, you need to ask me before you take any decision." 

The head turned towards the commander after hearing his requests.

"I need to make sure that the security of other soldiers is not comprised as I'll be responsible for all your actions." He said to Naveen.