-35-

Ash Pov: 

I dashed through the doorway, and what's beyond that was nothing. Every where I see is just darkness, the surrounding air was... Strange. It feels somewhat cold in front of me, while it feels like hot and humid at my back. I started to look around to see where am I, but whenever I turn my head, I feel something rubbing against my face? 

This really freaked me out as I started to thrash around, trying to get away from whatever that's rubbing against my head. Then I opened my eyes, I was lying on the ground. As I started to stand up, I realized that we are in beyond the doorway I went across before the whole battle with Gengar began. Next to me, was Pikachu and Chloe. Both woozy and started to stand back up. 

Me: Was all that just a dream? 

Chloe: It felt so real...

Me: Wait, was the dream u were in about Gengar?

Chloe: Wait... How did you know?

Me: That only reason for that is...

Then, everything started to click, I understood by what Gengar had meant of 'outside' and the repetitive use of 'my domain'. 

I started to take my phone out and had a look on Gengar's profile. 

Gengar:

The shadow Pokemon -> moves:

Hypnosis 

Dream eater 

So that's why!

Me: Gengar is capable of learning hypnosis, which could probably be the reason of why we fell asleep at first. Then comes the move Dream eater, I've heard of stories of what happens to anyone that was used upon. Maybe what we had just saw was what happens during Dream eater starts to affect us. 

Suddenly, Gengar appears next to me, nodding. Confirming my guess. 

Chloe: Wait, why isn't Gengar talking?

Me: Maybe because we were in his dream projection and it is the only place for Gengar to truly  communicate with us.

Once again Gengar nodded. Then he looked right up the staircase with a sudden swerve of his head. And started floating up the stair. 

Chloe and I (and Pikachu) looked at each other and nod slightly. Then we followed him up the stairs. When we were out of the staircases, we realized. Everything was back to normal, with the walls still the same look as before. Then I looked at where Gengar is. It's about to release a shadow ball at a trainer. 

I dashed there and spread out my arms to shield the trainer.

Me: Gengar stop! Don't hurt him!

The Trainer: no... No... N-no... You demon, I told you to stay at that place. All you ever did was to make all my battles to go terribly wrong. When I got you, all the battles, all my gym and trainer battles. Lost! It's your curse! Even when I sent you out, you're still weak!

Me: Hey! Don't talk about Gengar like that. He's incredibly strong! 

The Trainer: And who are you? I don't care about what you think, a weakling is a weakling for life, I'm pretty sure that you're still as weak as before!

My insides were boiling like lava, how could this guy talk about his Pokemon like garbage?

The Trainer: How about this! You and I battle, but you have to use Gengar! 

I looked at Gengar, which he responded with a simple nod. 

Me: I accept your battle!

TIMESKIP: