𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐱𝐭 || 18

"Mmm?" He says backing up and raising his eyebrows. "What was that for". He just smirks and walk away.

"You're not very mysterious..."

——————————————————————————
(Jihan's POV)

I woke up and looked at my phone, March 4th. I got ready unlike any other work day.

I got a call while I was putting my change of clothes on.

*Jungwon💟 incoming call*

"Hello?" I said picking up his call. "I'm gonna have to call out of work; my car isn't budging. It's frozen and stuck in the snow." He sounded slightly frustrated.

"It's okay. Yeah, just stay home today. You can come tomorrow. It'll be fine" I said reassuring him.

"Sorry Jihan, but thanks." I smiled, "no need to thank me it's okay. You treat me next time then."

"Mmm, ok" he said softly before ending the call.

I walked to my car and tried to start it up. But, it wouldn't turn on. I tried five more times and it wouldn't work. I started to get frustrated.

I looked at my phone to see the time. 7:45. I was running late. I got anxious and kept trying to turn on my car.

I only had one car as well so the more it would turn on the worsen my frustration got. I called Jake to help me and figure out why it wasn't working.

"Hello?" I hear him from the other side of the phone. "My car isn't turning on. Do you know anything that can help?" I ask.

"Mmmm, I don't think so. It's really cold out. It could be that you're car is really frozen?" He pauses. I sighed, "Thanks Jake. I'm so sorry for bothering you".

I ended the call and sat in my car defeated. My cold breathe was flowing out every time I breathed. I went back to my house in defeat.

I called Ms. Im, "hello?" I asked. "Jihan?" She responds.

"My car is frozen, I think... and it won't budge to turn on. Was yours able to work?" I placed my things on my counter and walked around anxiously.

"Not well on my side either but I did talk to Mr. Kim. His car was working fine and well this morning."

"That's good to know. I will have to make a call to Mr. Kim thanks a lot Ms. Im." I replied then hung up the call.

"A lot of calling today." I mumbled to myself while dialing Mr.Kim. "Hello, Ms. Jihan?", "ah, yes, it's me." Responding.

"My car isn't working, neither is Jungwon's and Ms. Im's. Perhaps it'll be alright for you to work alone? I'm apologize very much if you can't".

"Don't worry, don't worry. Ms. Jihan, everything's okay and fine. I will be fine by myself."

"Thank you so much Mr. Kim. I can't explain how grateful I am".

"Of course don't worry about me too" he reassures me again. I then thank him one more time before ending the call.

I left my things sitting down on my counter and left to grab my laptop and start working from home.