𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 || 01

(Jihan's POV) edited

*ring ring*

"It's a holiday do something else instead of work." I muttered to myself. Sat across me was Jungwon in our office.

"What?" Jungwon looked up at me and his eyebrows furrowed together. Something he did as a kid and never got rid of.

"It's New Year's Eve. We should be having the day off." I complained. He laughs at me then looks at my face then pulls himself together.

"We're owners of a company, it's not gonna run if no one's working."

I sigh and turn back to my phone and pick it up. It was the LHS company. I handed the phone over to Jungwon since he handled phone calls a lot better.

He was so focused on his papers and the phone. I stared at him. How interesting can someone be into work?

I looked at the time, 9:00 it was late. I tapped my foot. I planned to rest at home since my heels are always killing me after work.

It got super silent, I looked up.

"Boo!" He screamed into my ear, I shook from being surprised and sighed.

"What is wrong with you Jungwon." I slapped his arm while he laughed. He pulled his seat next to mine.

"Don't be like that." He then rubbed my shoulders.

"How'd that call go?" I asked changing the subject.

"It was a friend from high school, Heeseung's company. He wants to help us transport the products across the world and create new packaging so it looks cleaner."

"I should've known it was Heeseung. More work?"

"Don't worry, we'll talk about it more tomorrow. We should pack up." He stood up and went to his desk to collect his things. I stood up and did the same.

"Jihan"

"Huh?" I look up to see Jungwon looking at me

"Don't go home. Let's go out tonight." He smiles. I couldn't resist his dimples.

"Just for you only" I laughed back and waited at the door for him to finish packing up.

He walks next to me and we walk out of the office. We chatted only hearing our voices since we sent our employees home early for the holiday.

We then reached the exit and left outside to the parking garage.

Jungwon stopped me before we got to his car.

"Jihan, we have to stop at my place first." I nodded and then got into the car with him.

He started driving and put down the windows for a bit. He then turned on the radio.

He looks at me and smiles then puts his eyes back on the road. I place my hand on his forearm that were resting on the compartment between us.

I looked out the window. The breeze was blowing, and it was quite cold. But it felt nice. I didn't get to enjoy outside anymore after Jungwon and I started to run a company.

"Are you okay?" I turn my head back around to look at Jungwon.

"Yes, it's just that my heels are killing me" I chuckle then he follows along.

"I have slippers at home you can borrow" he suggests to me.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, only for the one Jihan."