31.- Who Unleashed The Beast This Time?

Ep

Ep. 10 "Going Nuclear" Ch. 5/6

— •••• ——— ••— ——• •••• — •••

Luckily, for Joy, she had only seen a handful of people that she had known back pre-Z. And none of them were particularly significant in her life.

Joy didn't know how she'd react to seeing someone she knew back pre-Z. Well, no, she did know what she'd do.

She'd threaten them with her hatchet and hope that she could kill them quick if they weren't friendly.

But Homer didn't seem to share her views on knowing people pre-Z. Maybe it was because he hadn't come across enough alive people to know how truly awful they were.

•——— ——— —•——

"Something wrong, Homer?" Cassandra asked as Homer suddenly stopped in front of a Z clinging onto the wired fence.

Joy imagined that was how people behind bars looked, or at least that's how they put them in movies.

"I knew her, that's all. Her son was one of Max's buddies,"

If Joy saw her so-called buddies' parents in the apocalypse, she would stab them without a question. They usually brought up little devils that needed a good old punch to the face.

"Did you ever go back to the house you grew up in only to see it's falling apart and in a bad neighborhood? That's what this feels like. Times ten."

"Well where I grew up, the Zombie Apocalypse only improved things." Doc and Joy chuckled.

"Same. Those rich assholes had it coming for being the way they were." Homer sighed while 10K jabbed her in the side.

He was starting to wonder what 10K had seen in Joy, after all he knew his Max would've never ended up with someone like her.

Homer nodded to 10K, who unholstered his knife before leaving Joy's side and quickly piked the Z at the fence while Homer shook off his initial shock.

"All right, back to business. From here on, the area's hot, right? You got two clean rad suits in there, one for me, and I need somebody to back me up."

Before anyone could even react, 10K stepped up, but Warren stopped him while Joy tugged on the back of his t-shirt.

It wasn't that she didn't trust in 10K's abilities, it was more of 10K's protectiveness rubbing off on her and being in a compound full of deadly radiation and Zs and not knowing if he was coming back wasn't how Joy wanted to spend her afternoon at all.

At least Warren seemed to agree with her.

"No. I'll go."

"Even I can go."