8. Sometimes All You Need Is A Bullet To The Brain

Ep

Ep. 3 "Philly Feast" Ch. 5/5

•———— ————— —•—

He had her. He had her right in his view.

When Warren had asked for him to spot Garnett, 10K hadn't hesitated to agree. He needed to see that Joy was alright, even if it was just through his scope.

But when she had come out, his heart stopped, not in a bad sense, but it wasn't good either.

Don't get him wrong, she looked beautiful, just like she did every day. But the tight revealing silk clothes weren't her, the dark makeup that accentuated her already plump lips and dark eyes weren't her. Even the ponytail that kept her brown locks tightly bound up in her head wasn't something she'd use.

Regardless, she looked great in 10K's eyes, more than great. In fact, he could come up with over a dozen different words to describe how lovely his...friend looked.

But he shook his thoughts away as soon as he saw red trickle down her chest. No, he wasn't looking at her chest per se, that just happened to be where the blood trail from her neck ended.

He didn't even think properly before shooting, he didn't care that Garnett hadn't given the signal, he just saw red and shot at the person who was harming Joy, Tobias if he recalled Cassandra correctly.

Sadly, he couldn't just shoot him in the head like he had done to his henchmen, if he had, he'd end up harming either Joy or Addy.

And he didn't exactly want that on his conscience, either.

The second time (or third if you counted the first headshot) he shot, he wasn't entirely aware of him doing it. Maybe he was getting too trigger-happy, but if that trigger could free Joy from a cult of cannibals, he'd shoot every last bullet he owned.

In all his anger towards Tobias and his tunnel vision that only ended with Joy, 10K failed to notice the new fifty caliber that had just joined the party until it was too late, and it was already firing towards him and the group in hiding.

He barely had enough time to hide behind his perch behind some scrap metal to not get shot, although it appeared he was too far away for Joy to notice his well-being. Because the heartbreaking scream of his given nickname made him believe that Joy thought all those bullets had met their intended target.

10K's anger only grew, but by the time he had resurfaced and re-focused his scope, they were already shooting again, and Garnett was running back with only Addy in tow.

That's the story of how 10K ended up brooding at the back of the truck, holding tightly onto both his rifle and Joy's hatchet until they reached another road in Philly, far away from the cannibal camp.

"Hey, we 'bout given up on you." Doc called out to Addy who was walking towards the truck, wiping her tears as she went.

"I actually gave up on you about an hour ago." Addy chuckled, leaning further into Mack's side, though she did notice how 10K didn't even look at her from the back.