49.- Come Get Your Murphy! Only $9.99! (Shipping Not Included)

Ep

Ep. 2 "White Light" Ch. 1/3

— •••• ——— ••— ——• •••• — •••

What was Joy's ideal apocalypse party, you may wonder?

Well, it started with some nice gifts of which 10K would be in charge, then maybe some bottles of alcohol, or just glass bottles in general because breaking bottles on people's heads was fun.

Decoration didn't matter much, all Joy wanted was it for not to smell like piss, and then she'd be happy. But that meant she wanted some crazy good entertainment like a shooting range with Zs as targets, or any one of the people who annoyed Joy, she wasn't picky about just receiving one of the two options.

And then the party finished with them using Murphy as a piñata, Joy taking first hit no matter what, those were the rules she herself had written.

Oh, and they'd serve tacos, vegan tacos considering the Z virus was still flying around. But still, some decent tacos went a long way.

Damn, now Joy wanted some tacos.

•——— ——— —•——

Running was on Joy's top most hated things.

And what did she have to do to catch Murphy? Run.

"I hate running!" Joy yelled while nearly tripping over her own feet as they rounded a corner, Doc catching her by the back of the sweater just until she regained her footing and kept running on her own once more.

"Murphy!" Warren yelled at him just as Murphy himself broke off from Cassandra who ran to the side, Joy tried following her seeing that Cassandra was three times more interesting than Murphy was, but seeing as she was wedged between Doc and 10K at the back, she couldn't really go anywhere.

What she could do was stop as the squelch of wheels of a fully black van stopped right in front of Murphy, blocking his path. If 10K were ever to own a van, Joy knew he'd have one just like the one stopping Murphy.

Though whoever was driving the van, macho man was definitely not a fan of because he finally let Murphy out of his sight for the first time since he spotted him back at the strip club in favour of shooting at the people inside.

As soon as the first shot rang out, the entire group hid behind a poorly parked car in the middle of the road, 10K shielding Joy with his body as she tucked her between his chest as the flattened car door.

Three more shots rang out from macho man's side before quiet finally reigned, or at least as quiet as Cheyenne Wyoming could get.

"Okay. It's like that, then."

"Look out!" Joy barely got to look at the new threat that came in the form of yet another red van with a woman at the front with a shotgun before being yanked away by 10K and pushed to the other side of the car, a shot barely missing her as she crashed on the car of the other side.