20. Never Follow Strangers Named Sketchy

Ep

Ep. 7 "Welcome To The Fu-Bar" Ch.  2/4

—••• • ••—• ——— •—• •

Joy had only drank alcohol once in her life, and entirely for the record, it was a complete accident.

Her parents had a thing for removing labels from bottles since their house often got pictured for magazines, and they would rather not give free advertisement to numerous brands out in full display.

Not to mention how they pretended to be all for the environment and what not, and didn't allow plastics in the house (unless they were the ones bringing them in) and every liquid would be poured into a standard glass bottle.

So one day, when Joy had asked Gina for some water, Gina had told her to go out and find the bottle with water down in the living room. But it turns out that there were two bottles with transparent liquid inside, one was hard-hitting mezcal and the other was water.

And with fourteen-year-old Joy's incredible luck, she ended up taking one big gulp of mezcal before realizing indeed what it was.

Luckily for her, there were no side effects, and it appeared she wasn't exactly a lightweight so she didn't even end up drunk.

But from that moment she knew she would take revenge on mezcal for tricking her and would instead get drunk on it purposely.

Take that mezcal.

•——— ——— —•——

The truck slowed to a stop as they seemed to near some checkpoint. If they asked for their weapons once more, Joy was burying the hatchet in their skulls.

And that was a promise.

"You all armed?" Three different people were looking around the truck.

Were they expecting them to be harboring some criminals or what?

"Obviously."

"What do you think?" Both Cassandra and Joy spoke at once, glaring at the ones who passed by and checked them out.

The disadvantages of being women in the apocalypse.

Or women in general.

"Good, we don't have time to babysit anyone." They let them pass.

And here Joy thought they were about to take her weapons again. She was definitely never parting from them again. Next time, she was waiting in the truck.

Didn't want a repeat of before, after all.

10K drove the truck past the checkpoint until it finally ran out of juice for the time being and immediately stopped, luckily it stopped right in a parking spot.

Maybe their luck was starting to change.

"Guns and liquor, what could go wrong?" The answer was; plenty of things. And even Murphy seemed to know it.