Chapter 43 ~ Traffic

Drew's Pov:

The wind blew Laurs hair over her face and in every possible direction.

"I should have warn a hat or tied my hair back or something." She laughed.

"No, it's funny. I can put the roof up if you want but we're halfway there." I said, concentrating on the road.

"Okay, don't put the roof up if we're almost there cos it's too hot."

We were currently 1 hour into our journey with only another hour left.
It was hot. Too hot. So I pulled over into a gas station to top up the car and get some drinks.

"I'll be back in a sec." I said walking over to the station to pay for the petrol.

I walked into the station and queued up with a couple of drinks. I payed quickly, then walked back out tk see Lauren in the drivers seat.

"C'mon, move up." I said opening the door and placing the drinks in the drinks slot.

"I wanna drive."

"Have you got a licence?"

"Yeah. I can drive I just haven't got a car cos it's at home." She said pulling out her licence from her purse.

"Okay okay."

I talked her through the gears, pedals and controls of the car before we started the journey again.
She was surprisingly good. She drived fine which I was hoping for as I really didn't want the car to crash or something to happen.

"I told you I could drive." She smirked.

"I know."

We were on our way to a little resturant/café on the riverside. I've been there before and they do some really nice food with an amazing view on the river.

"Oh for fuck." She said queueing up alongside the other cars.

● ● ●

"We've been stuck in traffic for over 2 hours Drew." Lauren said, throwing her head on the steering wheel.

"It's okay I'm sure we'll be on the road soon." I said

Infact we weren't on the road soon.

It was another 3 hours before we started moving and by the time we got to the place, it was closed.

"How about a Mcdonalds?" I asked and she nodded.

So we pulled down a lane from the motorway to a group of shops kinda like a service station, got out the car and ran into Mcdonalds seen as it was gone 11pm and we were both starving.