Chapter 32 ~ Bright Lights

Lauren's Pov:

I woke up to a bright light shining in my face. I went to get up as soon as I realised where I was but two people pushed back down. My arm killed and it was only when I turned my head I noticed that it was in a cast.

"Sprain, fracture or break?" I asked a nurse after she removed the oxygen mask from my face.

"You fractured it dear, you were in a pretty bad state." She replied.

"It was a good job we got you here at the time we did otherwise you would have been dead." A paramedic said as he walked into the room.

"So what happened?" I asked.

"Well you fell off the cliff, landed on your arm which kind of split the bone, you must've hit your head when you fell because you were unconscious for quite a while and you hit the ground pretty hard as you were covered in bruises." Another nurse replied.

I sat up and examined the red cast that was covering my arm, from elbow downwards.

"We put some stitches on your face to try and close up the cuts. Just be careful and don't let anyone touch your face." A doctor said who had also just walked in.

Like bloody hell, how many people did they want in the room. Seconds later I could hear running down the corridor and banging on the door.

"Who is it? " I asked.

"Er there's two boys Drew and Nate? That want to come in and see you. Are you okay with that?" Someone asked.

"Yeah." I said and they opened the door.

Drew ran strait towards me and pulled me into a hug

"Watch her face." A nurse said, whilst Nate stood the other side of me and held my hand almost crying.

"You're okay?" Drew asked.

"Yeah. Arm kills and my face hurts but appart from that yeah I'm okay." I replied.

"We were so worried. We didn't know if you were gonna wake up or what. We went home and Austin and Levi are on the way over now." Nate said.

"You went home?" I asked.

"Laur, you've been out for 2 days. We couldn't have stayed at the hospital." Drew said rubbing circles on the back of my hand with his thumb.

"Can she go home today?" Nate asked a nurse.

"Yes, she can go now if she wants to but she'll need to have something to eat and drink." A nurse replied.

"Don't worry. I've come prepared." Drew smiled, pulling out a burrito and a bottle of water from his back pack which just made me laugh.