Chapter 39 ~ Work

Lauren's Pov:

"How was New York?" Chris the owner of the store asked as I hung my bag behind the counter.

"Yeah, it was good. Apart from I fractured my arm." I laughed.

"Let me guess you fell off a cliff. " he joked.

"Actually I did."

"Well, do you wanna work at the counter today and switch jobs with Jami until your arm is better?" Chris asked.

"Yes please."

It was quite busy today but I took a break to go and get everyone a starbucks. There was no queue so I got the drinks quite quick before going back to the store.

"Excuse me, do you know where the All time low cds are?" A teenage girl asked.

"Yeah, one sec I'll just put these down then I'll be over." I said before walking to the counter and placing the drinks down.

"Right the atl cds are just here." I said pointing them out on the shelf. "You have good music taste."

"It's actually for my boyfriend." The girl laughed.

"Lauren, we need you over at the counter." Kye called from across the room.

I walked back and served the long line of customers.

● ● ●

"Hey, do you wanna go and get a coffee or something?" Jami asked as I slung my rucksack on my back.

"Sure." I smilled.

Jami was pretty, a typical tumblr style girl. She had blonde hair with pastel highlights, greenish blue eyes, a nose piercing and a rose tattoo on her arm.

We walked to starbucks and picked up a coffee.

"Shit I need to go and get a dress for my sisters wedding tomorrow." She said as we just sat down with our coffees.

"Do you wanna go now?" I asked.

"If you don't mind." She replied.

"It was a good thing that we got the coffees in the take away cups." I giggled.

We rushed over to a little shop round the corner and Jami picked out a dress within seconds. It was a simple mint green skater dress with a sweetheart neckline.

"Shouldn't you try it on before buying it for the wedding cos if it doesn't fit or look right you won't have time to return it after work." I said.

"Well I was hoping that you wouldn't mind working a double shift and cover mine." She smiled.

I looked at her and at my phone before she said "I'll give you 60 bucks if you will."

"Fine."

°•°•°•°•°•°•

Authors note:

Right 1st thank you! This story is almost at 11k which is crazy and I wouldn't have got this far if you guys didn't read it so thanks a ton! 2nd there's like 8 chapters left and to pre warn you some are shorter than others. And 3rd I'm thinking of writing a sequel, so would you mind commenting if you would like a sequel. (Will be asking for some people to be characters)

Thank you again! :) x

Don't forget to share, comment and vote ♥