Chapter 35 ~ Fractured Arm Is No Fun

Lauren's Pov:

It's not fair. It's a lovely sunny day and we were sitting in the back yard and I couldn't even go into the pool.

"Cheer up Laur, we're going home tomorrow." Austin said, sitting on the edge of the pool next to me and rubbing a towel on his head.

"Yeah but I can't go swimming." I sighed.

"How about we go and make dinner?" He asked as the others splashed around in the pool.

"Okay."

We got up and walked back into the house. It was warm so we opened all the windows in the kitchen.

"What should we do a bbq and salad?" Austin asked and I nodded as I couldn't think of anything. "Could you please fetch me the steaks from the freezer and I'll go and start the bbq."

I watched him walk out of the kitchen door and left to the little open garage thing round the corner. I rummaged through the draws to find some steaks and some other little bits which would be good for a bbq.

"Here ya go." I said placing the steaks on the side. "Oh I found some ribs and burger and that too."

"Ah cool. Can you open the steaks and I'll start cooking the burgers."

I couldn't get a grip on the food packaging. It's a bit hard when one of your hands is fixed in a straight position.

"Do you need any help?" Austin asked.

"Nope it's okay." I replied tearing open the packaging and the steak blood spraying over my face.

"Oh god Laur." He laughed walking over with a towel and wiping my face.

"I can't do anything with this bloody cast on."

"Don't worry I'll give you a hand." He smiled.

°•°•°•°•°•°•

Authors note:

Thank you so much for over 9k reads!
Sorry this chapter was so short and crap like some of the others - I ran out of ideas. Anyway, 12 chapters left! :)

Don't forget to share, comment and vote ♥