Chapter 38 ~ Film Night

Drew's Pov:

"Hey." I said balancing my phone inbetween my sholder and ear whilst pouring out a drink.

"Hi, are you sure it's not too late?" Lauren asked through the phone.

"Na, it's fine. It's only like 10pm and I can't get to sleep anyway."

"Well do you wanna come over or something? "

"Yeah okay, I'll bring a film over with me."

"Okay Drew. See you in a bit." She said before ending the call.

I took a quick swig of my drink before running upstairs to grab a film.

"Drew what the hell are you doing? All I can hear is bangs and things dropping off your shelf." Kacey asked, walking into my room.

"Trying to find a good film." I replied.

"Your room is a mess. And if your looking for -"

"It's okay I've got one." I said walking out and downstairs.

"Hey can I quickly go to Laurens?" I asked my parents who were sitting on the couch in the living room.

"Sure, what tine will you be back?" Mom asked.

"Er I'm not sure. I'll text you." I said before leaving the house.

I was already in my pyjamas and had slipped on a pair of shoes. Laur has at least one of my hoodies so I didn't bother wearing one. She didn't live too far away, which was a bonus, so it didn't take long to get there.

"Hiya." I smiled as she opened the door also in pyjamas.

"Hey, I've loaded up the playstation so it's ready for a film." She said as I walked in and she closed the door.

I love Lauren's apartment, I don't know what it is about it but it feels like somewhere that just makes you feel at home, even by just walking through the front door.

"Are you staying the night?" She asked.

"Can I?"

"Yeah."

-1 message to mom-
'Hi, gonna stay the night at Laurs. Will be back in the morning x'

Lauren's living room was so cool. There were fairy lights strung along the back wall by the flat screen TV which was hanging on the wall above a fireplace. She had set up some snacks and drinks on the coffee table and put loads of cushions and blankets on the sofa.

"Have you ever seen Warm Bodies?" I asked holding up the dvd.

"No, what's it about?"

"Zombies that -"

"Nope, I am not watching that."

"But it's not even that scar-"

"No."

"Okay, do you wanna watch -" I said searching through her dvd draw. "Iron man 3? Wait this hasn't been open!"

"Okay, and I've had it for quite some while but didn't have a chance to watch it."

We sat down on the couch after loading the film up. The sunlight disappeared through the crack between the window and the blind, and the fairy lights glowed. This was just perfect.