Happily Ever After

Seokjin Bonus Ending

"Stop overthinking and do it." Verona eyed you intensely. Very easy for her to say!

"You don't understand." You sighed.

"You can't keep making excuses, (F/n). You gotta seize the moment!" Aletta cheered. "When you see love, just take it!"

She would say that. She practically made Seres her boyfriend the second she laid eyes on him. It worked out, but for you? You really didn't think it would be so easy. Not when you've known Seokjin for so long and have treated him as a friend. That was until lately...things have changed. You don't know what it was, but you've come to realize your attraction towards the merman wasn't so innocent. It started with thinking he was handsome which was a normal thought. He is! Nothing more to it! That was all you thought as you talked to Seokjin more often, getting to know him and also just venting. He was always the best person to go to when you needed to be heard. Seokjin allowed you to really get your breath back and have weight off your shoulders. He always knew what to say.

That kind of thing really made you appreciate him. Just not in a friend way. Not when you found yourself hugging him more often and trying to touch him. Sometimes you didn't realize you were even doing it! Why were you so touchy all of a sudden? It freaked you out so you rambled to your friends about it and they hit you with the truth. You had feelings for Seokjin. Immediately, they were thrilled for you and urging you to go for it. However, you couldn't find it in you to listen. You had the guts to confront a giant demon monster, yes. Confront your hot crush? No way.

Seokjin is your friend though! It should be easy to approach him and tell him what you feel! Seriously, he didn't even judge you when you told him the embarrassing emotions you felt towards the guys sometimes. Seokjin would let you down gently if he really had no interest. You would be safe sharing your feelings...but it was too scary. Your heart was pounding just thinking about it. It didn't help that you were keeping it to yourself for days with your two friends growing impatient. They were rooting for you to fall in love already and get your happily ever after.

"(F/n), is there some bigger issue to this?" Verona asked, careful on the subject. You could tell what she was referencing and sighed heavily. You softly shook your head as the girls stared at you.

"No, it's not that...I know I am ready. I want to try at love again, but I'm just...I don't even know. How do I bring it up in the first place?" You hopelessly looked at them with a frown. Verona and Aletta exchanged looks.

"I'll tell you one thing, denying you have feelings is helping no one," Verona stated. "But look at what you have going for you! You're already close friends with him, you get along well, and I can see the way your eyes light up when you talk about him. You have to give it a shot."

"She's right. It's scary, but you can't overthink it. You've had all this time to get to know Seokjin and even I can see how compatible you two are!" Aletta nudged you.

"You really think my chances are good?" You raised a brow.

"Yes!!" Aletta bounced.

"How about this? Join him on swimming like it's a normal day. Talk to him about something a little serious, set the mood and then bam! Tell him you like him!" Verona nodded.

"Ugh..." You shut your eyes tight.

"It's worth a shot, (F/n)." Aletta shrugged. "Don't regret this, okay? Life is short. If you love him then tell him."

"...okay." You gripped the fabric of your dress between your fingers.

This was making you incredibly anxious. Though if you were being honest, you've dealt with scarier things and survived. Your mind was panicking despite deep down, you knew you would be alright. Whatever happens, happens. Your friends were absolutely right in the end. It was best to just go for it and have no regrets. The time you had with Florian was short. Being able to experience these feelings again was something you struggled to believe in for the longest time. You should make your feelings clear to Seokjin that you love him more than a friend. Maybe he'll be the one you spend the rest of your life with. If that's the case, then you wanted to start that life now.