Good Girl

Ch.12

"A little higher." Seokjin sat on a chair near the wall. He was in the center of the room, watching Hoseok tug on a rope to raise a chandelier back up to the ceiling. Namjoon was judging on the side while the two flying creatures watched in their small forms.

"Should we help?" Taehyung glanced at Jimin.

"Hoseok, do you want help?" Jimin shouted.

"I would greatly appreciate it!" Hoseok panted. His forehead was already damp from sweat forming. With all the physical labor he did in the castle, he naturally got warmed up. Though it would be nice if he got more help from the others when it came to things besides cleaning and growing plants. Then again, Seokjin was still weak on his legs and Namjoon refused to do anything hard. The two small creatures were a nice addition, however, they came to the discovery that their wings were practically decoration when in human size.

"Say no more!" Jimin flew over as he became a flash of light. Soon his feet were on the ground and he was right behind Hoseok. He grabbed onto the rope, tugging it back so Hoseok wouldn't be overworking himself all alone.

"Oh, your glasses!" Taehyung instantly flew to Hoseok. They were slipping down the bridge of the elf's nose until Taehyung pushed them up.

"Thanks, Tae." Hoseok grunted as the chandelier got closer to the ceiling. How come old chandeliers were so ridiculously heavy with jewelry?

"Tae? Oh! Hehe, no problem!" Taehyung's cheeks turned to a darker shade of blue. He was used to the nickname from Jimin but hearing it from Hoseok made him feel excited. Did Hoseok see him as a friend? The pixie was having a hard time keeping the smile off his face. His wings began to flutter faster as he returned by Namjoon's side so he wouldn't get in the way of the two working. "Did you hear that? He called me Tae."

"That's your name, isn't it?" Namjoon cocked a brow up as Taehyung nodded. "It's a nice name."

"Really? Oh my—thank you!" Taehyung brought his hands up to his face. This was far too much for him. No one at this castle were anything like those in the faerie realm. How were they so impossibly nice? His heart was pounding and his face had to be completely blue now.

"It's also very interesting to see your reactions. I suppose in general, living with creatures is an enlightening experience." Namjoon nodded with a sigh. His eyes continued to examine Taehyung's long ears and wings.

"I-If there's anything you need, your Majesty, you name it!" Taehyung brought his hand up to his head as if he were a soldier. It amused Namjoon, causing him to chuckle.

"Finally, some proper respect around here. The rest of you could learn a thing or two from the blue one." Namjoon wasn't so quiet on the last part. He even looked around the room, but two were busy with a chandelier and Seokjin didn't take the hint.

"Hi, Namjoon!" Seokjin waved. The prince sighed at the blatant disrespect. No matter what he did, it appeared his title had died with the others in the past. He couldn't hold onto memories forever despite living in his old home. It was strange seeing the place slowly return to what it used to be yet not everything was his. He felt like a ghost in his own kingdom despite being the only one alive from his period.

"Yes, hello there." Namjoon only greeted him to be polite. It was easier to act kindly than start fights as tempting as that was. These days, he can never seem to win an argument. People don't cower down to him like they used to. Maybe because these were creatures he was dealing with. Possibly.

"There we go! Goodness gracious, I thought it would never reach the top." Hoseok let out a heavy breath. He grinned as he stared up at it. "Jimin, can you make sure it's stable up there?"