Blood

Ch.37

Jungkook's P.O.V.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My eyes remained closed, enjoying the warmth touching my face. It felt like the Sun was kissing my cheeks. Liquid sunshine soothing me until I was sleepy. Mom traced her finger around my face delicately, knowing how much I liked it when she did that. She held me in her arms with a smile on her face. Although my hair wasn't completely white and my wings were stained with black feathers, she loved me anyway. I didn't have to be a full angel to be loved by her. Mom always assured me that she loved me with all her heart because I was her baby. That made me so happy to see her, so I always came to her room and tried to follow her when I could.

My mom is beautiful. She had long milky white hair that reached down to her waist whenever she let it down. She tended to keep half of it up with these gold pins. They matched the necklace she always wore around her neck. It was something I liked to play with and fidget in my hands whenever she held me. Her wings were much larger than mine and they were pure white like snow. She wore a long white dress all the time. It made me wish I looked more like her. Instead, I was a mix of her and my father. Father scared the both of us...I don't know why.

Father was never as affectionate as mom. He never bothered with holding my hands or hugs. He scoffed anytime I asked him for a goodnight kiss. Mom told me not to mind him and to just focus on her. She preferred to keep me away from my father in the first place. I wasn't sure why, but she must have had her reasons. She never liked standing in the same room as him anyway. As the years went by, I was beginning to notice how she would always frown around my father. She would keep her head down and avoid eye contact with him. The most noticeable of all was how uncomfortable she was anytime he touched her. Whether it was an arm around the shoulders and she grew tenser if it were by the waist.

I was ten, but I noticed these things in the end.

"Are you asleep, Baby?" Mom asked in a soft whisper. She didn't want to wake me in case I had drifted off. My eyes slowly peeled open to stare at her lazily. She couldn't help herself from giggling at me.

"No..." I smiled.

"Do you want me to keep going? You seem pretty tired." Mom traced circles into my cheek. I closed my eyes again, enjoying the tingle I felt.

"I don't want you to leave." I turned my body to snuggle closer to her. Mom stopped to stare down at me. Anytime she finished, she left me alone to sleep and I didn't want her to leave. I liked it better when she stayed by my side. Since mom is an angel, she always felt warm. She radiated comforting energy and light that nobody in the demon realm gave off. That's what made her the best.

"I won't leave." Mom chuckled lightly. "I can tell you the story about the dog and cat again."

"But I already know the ending." I pointed out. She never stopped smiling at me as she played with my hair.

"I know, but do you know why I always tell you the story?" Mom asked. She waited for a response only for me to shake my head. "The moral of the story is to always have empathy. Everyone is flawed, Kookie. It can't be helped but being open to learning and understanding one another is so important. Not only that, I believe empathy is the most powerful tool in the universe. Do you understand?"

"Mm." I nodded despite still feeling clueless. I was still out of it and she could see that the longer she stared at me.

"Do you want to know something, Baby?" Mom stroked my wings. They were folded close to my back and it felt nice.