Temptation

Ch.49

The room felt different as Jungkook scrunched his nose. Everything was wrong. The hairs on his body stood up as his senses woke up. The room was far colder and a familiar temperature at that. Last night after a long talk with Yoongi and Taehyung, he fell asleep all alone in a room separate from the others. He didn't want the light creatures noticing just how red and puffy his face was. The two dark creatures respected his privacy and left him to do as he pleased. They left off on a good note in Jungkook's opinion. He was exhausted after that conversation and fell asleep comfortably. Now he could have sworn he was no longer in the same room.

Was it safe to open his eyes?

Jungkook wanted to make no mistakes in case something was truly wrong. He couldn't risk anything. He knew full well that the demon realm had to be against him and most of all, his father. The most powerful demon alive. Jungkook did his best to stay calm even when he felt cold hands grab onto him. He shouldn't show a single reaction on his face. Nothing. He managed to pretend he was sleeping for a couple minutes until they dropped him forward onto the ground. That was just great. Groaning, Jungkook kept his face shut as the hands pulled him up on his knees and kept his hands back. He didn't even have time to react when cold water was splashed onto him.

"Ah!" Jungkook shook his head. His eyes were now wide open as he shivered. Feeling cold droplets run down the back of his shirt wasn't pleasant at all. Though none of this was supposed to be a warm welcome. Jungkook remained tense on his knees, breathing heavily as he looked around. He was surrounded by fledglings who looked apologetic. They were always the most gentle and sweet ones of the demons. Also, the easiest to push around. It didn't take a genius to know who ordered them to do such a thing.

Not a sound left Andrius, but Jungkook didn't have to hear him to know he was sitting comfortably on the throne. His father was watching silently, almost with an amused glint in his eyes. He sat in his human form since he knew it intimidated Jungkook far more than his shadow form ever would. Strange how that was the case. Most humans would have a different opinion. He could turn himself into quite the monster, yet this form was all he needed to have Jungkook looking terrified. Jungkook swallowed hard as his eyes hesitantly looked up to see his father.

Right away, he looked down at the ground. It was never a good sign if his father chose to present himself in his solid human form. Jungkook's heart was racing rapidly in his chest despite the internal lectures he gave himself. When will he stop fearing his father? All the words he tried to chant with strength were blown away in front of his father's presence. No matter how hard Jungkook would try to prepare himself to be tough as stone in front of the man, he always crumbled into pathetic dust. Even now, Jungkook hated the fact that his head hung low.

He had nothing to be ashamed of. No, it was his father who shouldn't be able to look him in the eyes! After every awful act he's committed against their 'family' who were innocent to begin with...it only boiled Jungkook's blood. Taking in a deep breath, he forced his head to rise and to look his father in the eyes. Andrius continued to keep that smirk on his face. There was no ounce of guilt anywhere to be seen. If anything, the idea of torturing his son delighted him.

"What do you want!?" Jungkook shouted as the fledglings did their best to hold him back. They turned into their slime forms, sticking onto the ground and stubborn not to release him. "Did I not make it clear where I stand? I am not under your command anymore!"

"Welcome home," Andrius said, easily ignoring everything Jungkook spat out. "Well, at least that's what I would have said if you were still my son. I was thinking earlier about what you did. Telling a common fledgling that you were against me! Now I was furious at first and you know what I've come to realize?" He tilted his head as he narrowed his eyes on the creature feigning bravery. It was laughable.