Dead or Alive

Ch.10

It's been a day and you were off to visit the castle. Youngjo said you didn't need to come so often now that Namjoon has guests staying with him, but that's precisely why you needed to come check on them. Hopefully, all of them were safe and acting civil. Namjoon, preferably in human form! But you'd have to visit them in order to see. So as soon as you woke up, you got dressed and prepared enough food to last the gentlemen a few days. Then you were on your way with Youngjo up above and you on Malakai. The horse was running on the familiar path, getting closer to the gates that shocked you.

Tugging back on Malakai's reins, he stopped just a couple feet away from the gates. No longer were they rusted at the hinges or covered in webs. One gate was also not dragging on the ground anymore. When did this happen? With wide eyes, you slowly guided Malakai inside. Everything on the outside appeared relatively the same. You got off of Malakai, walking up the steps to enter the castle. That's where you gasped to see the entrance had gotten a makeover. The curtains were fixed and the place was dusted. Not everything was cleaned up, but it was a clear difference that even took Youngjo aback.

"Good morrow." Namjoon appeared at the top of the stairs.

"What happened?" You were still in complete awe.

"That elf you brought over is quite handy. Said he couldn't sleep until he got some work done on the castle." Namjoon nodded. "Seokjin tried helping by dusting."

"That's amazing!" You bounced on your toes. Namjoon put his hand on the railing as he walked down to you. "I also made as much food as I could for you and the others." You held the basket out to him. It almost surprised him, but he gave you a grateful look for it. He brought up his hand which you thought he was going to take the basket. Instead, he gently placed his hand on your head.

"Always thoughtful of you, Miss Caeton." Namjoon smiled softly at you. He took the basket from your hands as you blushed from head to toe.

"Food!" Seokjin shouted from up above as you coughed awkwardly. You needed to pull yourself together.

"Did someone say food!?" Hoseok came running out. His smile was beaming to see you and the food Namjoon held. He waited at the top for you to see Seokjin come out on his own. His movements were slow, but you clapped excitedly. Seokjin wore two leg braces and held onto crutches for balance.

"(F/n), I can walk!" Seokjin cheered.

"I made them myself. He can use them all on his own." Hoseok looked proud. "Figured that would get Namjoon to be less angry."

"I'm not always angry." Namjoon huffed.

"That's a lie." Youngjo wasn't the only one unconvinced. Seokjin and Hoseok exchanged glances which only irritated Namjoon more.

"Alright! Let's dig in on the food. I'm sure all of you are starving!" You quickly stepped in to prevent anything from escalating.

At least food could get the guys to settle down. From the looks of it, Hoseok and Seokjin were getting along smoothly. They're both friendly so it wasn't too shocking to see them acting as friends already. They were both in similar boats since they were new to this castle and had no idea what was going on. You still felt bad about that, but you promised them to give it time. It was just Namjoon who could work on his people skills. He treated them more like servants. That also wasn't anything new to you. He basically saw you the same way and you were working with him on that. Namjoon luckily doesn't have an issue with you calling him by his name anymore. You think he chose to give up seeing as how the rest of the creatures you'll be bringing to his castle just call him by his name too.

Namjoon was putting up with a lot. You're glad he was doing better than you initially thought. Hoseok too! Even though you randomly asked him to come stay at the castle, he seemed comfortable here already. He had a roof over his head and made sure to work in order to keep it that way. Not only that, but he was getting free food thanks to you. Seokjin was feeling the same way. They felt like this place was paradise despite it being covered in cobwebs with outdated décor and so many things falling apart. Only Namjoon thought he needed better service—that wasn't going to happen.