Tainted

Ch.29

Did you really do black magic? You couldn't stop shaking after you realized what you had done. Forget about the spider. This was so much worse than that. How was this possible? Was it because you were stuck with Yoongi in the greenhouse? He didn't mean to teach you black magic. Yoongi promised you it wasn't intentional and you believed him. It's not like the others knew what they were teaching you either. It scared you though. It's the first time you're capable of such magic. What does this mean for you? What will Jungkook say when he finds out about this?

There was so much to process and you were almost afraid of yourself. After teleporting back into the castle, you immediately excused yourself. You were too scared to tell Jungkook just yet, but you also didn't want to stay a minute longer after what happened with Namjoon. You still needed your space and you're sure he needed his. Thankfully Yoongi let you go without starting another argument. You took Youngjo with you and went straight home. The first thing you did was finally turn him back into a raven before burying yourself under your sheets in hopes that you would fall asleep easily. Maybe it would have been possible if your heart would calm down.

In a way, Namjoon got what he wanted. You had a sleepless night which worried Youngjo. There were brief moments when you would close your eyes and with success, minutes passed. But never were any of them long enough like you desperately wished. You didn't want to be awake since it would only lead to anxious thinking. At some point you were just begging for the sun to rise already so you wouldn't have to put up with this any longer. You would have cried out of frustration had Youngjo not stayed the night with you. He knew you better than anyone yet you were trying to fool him into believing you were doing okay. You were never a good liar to begin with. Youngjo could see something was eating you up from the inside

As if the lack of sleep wasn't telling enough, you were out of bed the moment the sun came out. You took a cold bath, dressed yourself for the day, and ate breakfast. Everything was happening quite early and Youngjo could see how much you were rushing to get ready. By now you had decided that you couldn't take this anymore. You're going to go back to the castle and telling Jungkook what happened. He deserved to know. Maybe he'll know what to do so you can go forward. Knowing black magic scared you since you heard people went mad when learning it. Maybe it was paranoia, but you knew it would happen to you if you don't tell Jungkook. So when you had everything ready, you headed straight towards the castle.

"Why are we here so early? (F/n), I'm talking to you! Please stop ignoring me!" Youngjo squawked. He had been yelling at you the entire time you rode Malakai over to the castle. Now you were heading up the stairs with a raven pestering you.

"I'm not ignoring you." You stopped in front of the doors.

"Oh really? It sure feels like it! Do I mean anything to you?" Youngjo dramatically asked. It made you roll your eyes, but you knew he was genuinely worried.

"Youngjo, I'm sorry. It's just that something bad happened last night and I need to tell Jungkook before it's too late," You said. It made you sick just thinking about it.

"You were alone with Yoongi last night. Did he hurt you?" Youngjo questioned.

"No, but...I learned something I shouldn't have..." you whispered.

"Oh...oh dear." Youngjo put the pieces together right away. Now he could understand why you've been up the past night. The raven gave you a nod, finally letting you enter the castle without question. You appreciated it as you went inside, hoping you didn't end up losing your breakfast before telling Jungkook the truth.

You pushed the door open and peeked your head in to see if any of them were by the entrance. The castle looked empty at first glance. No one was by the entrance, so they must have been deeper inside the castle. You couldn't hear any of their voices so you stepped in, swallowing hard. You walked down the long hauls and searched for them. Minutes passed without success, but eventually you found them in the ballroom of the castle. Namjoon was standing by the wall with Yoongi by his side. They watched Hoseok teach Seokjin how to dance. There was a lot of stumbling, but Seokjin was determined to improve his control. Meanwhile Jimin and Taehyung were giggling as they waltzed around the room in their large forms. Jungkook had his eyes on Seokjin and Hoseok until he heard you open the door. He was the first to notice you.