Magic in a Lost World

Ch.55

You almost couldn't hear your breathing as you ran down the long flight of stairs. Youngjo was running a lot faster than you and jumping over stair steps just to get to everyone faster. A couple of the creatures saw the two of you coming down in a rush. The dancing was beginning to come to a halt and with that, the music died down. Every single creature in the room could feel it. The blood moon had officially reached its highest point in the night. Everyone was still as the two of you finally reached the bottom. You could see the guys approaching with worried looks, knowing something was wrong.

It was odd to be standing in a room full of creatures on this particular night. You could tell that your two human friends were pretty uncomfortable. The added silence was not making it any better. Verona and Aletta remained two each other with your mother by their side. Their dance partners were still close by, nervously looking up at the stairs to check if you two were running away from anything specifically. It was nothing like that, but catching your breath made it nearly impossible to talk.

"Is it time? Do we need to perform the spell now?" Namjoon was the most panicked. It was heard in his tone as he ran over quickly.

"It's a bit early for it, no?" Yoongi furrowed his brows. "I'm not sure. But if it's time then the rest of the dark creatures here must be put under protective barriers."

"The light magic that could be generated from everyone here could easily wipe them all. Creatures of lightness are still the majority." Jungkook took a look around.

"But what's actually going on?" Hoseok questioned.

"A portal o-opened!" Youngjo nodded his head as he swallowed hard. He was pointing everywhere as if his sense of direction disappeared. "I-It was releasing more demons into our world a-and we think it's the King's doing!"

"We don't know if he's making an appearance..." You frowned. Placing a hand over your stomach, you tried ignoring the subtle burning in your lungs. Your eyes connected with Jungkook's as he thought to himself.

"I think we should listen to Yoongi's suggestion. Protect the dark creatures first before we continue with anything else," Jungkook said. With that order made, Namjoon instantly turned to face all the creatures that were waiting on a verdict. They weren't even aware of the cloaked individual you spotted.

"All dark creatures, please proceed to the left side of the room! You will be placed under a protective barrier as to not harm you from any of the light magic that will take place this night!" Namjoon gestured to that side of the room.

There were no complaints to be made. A lot of them knew what would happen this night as confused and nervous as they were. Many of the light creatures began moving themselves to the right side of the room except for the young light creatures. They were clearly frightened by the circumstances. Elbert was quick to gather them all and assure them they would be safer on the right side. A lot of them were scared even with their parents motioning them to follow the pixie. Thankfully, the children listened to join everyone else despite their tears. Verona and Aletta were brought over to the right side by an elf too.

"Ah...that hurts." Jimin frowned, not fond of seeing the scared kids.

"Wait, what about you guys? What about your protection?" Seokjin faced Yoongi and Taehyung.

"We plan to fight with you guys," Taehyung stated, causing concern among the group.

"Did you really think we wouldn't help?" Yoongi asked.

"It's not that. It's just that it's so much riskier if you guys are here helping in this way." Jungkook pointed out, but it didn't seem to change either of their minds. Taehyung and Yoongi were being stubborn despite the dismay of everyone else.