Opening Up

[Youngjo]

Ch.53

Having your friends at the castle is actually a lot more fun than you thought it would be. A large part of you was convinced it would add to your stress and make things tough, but quite the opposite. Verona and Aletta have helped you relax in some ways. They told you about everything going on at the village and answered any questions you had and in return you answered theirs. The main thing on your mind was Miss Arla. How was she doing? After your last talk with her, you felt ashamed to visit again. Maybe she wouldn't want to see you again. You just felt some shame when you thought back on it. Still, it needed to be said. The hardest things to say are always the truth.

Verona and Aletta told you Miss Arla was doing her best to keep everyone in the building patient. Just one more day until the blood moon. Everyone was losing it in there enough to rely on you. Anything so they would no longer have to stay trapped in the council building. Rations were running terribly low enough to where they were considering creating teams to go out for food. It was a dangerous idea, but many of them were claiming it was safe after the light wave. Not necessarily. Especially when there was no telling what the demon King would do. The blood moon was soon so you hoped they would continue to sit tight rather than pull anything risky. It was worrying enough knowing Verona and Aletta came all this way on their own.

Just because they made it one piece does not mean it was a good idea! At the same time, you couldn't argue it wasn't for the best that they were with you. Verona could eat properly and both girls were safe from the judgment of the village. They've shown their loyalty to you far too often and openly since you've been framed. You're just glad they haven't been hurt at all by the village. Probably thanks to Miss Arla doing her best to keep everyone civil. You were doing the same here at the castle although the creatures were becoming the least of your worries. Your friends were taking that spot and not for their safety. They were doing just fine in that department. It was the conversations you guys had that really made your heart pound.

"How does it feel? Don't you feel scared at all? Does it hurt!?" Aletta squeaked. Her questions were inappropriate and made your cheeks burn. However, you were listening with open ears.

"Idiot. Why should I answer those questions? None of that is important when this is the outcome." Verona gestured to her stomach.

"Boo." Aletta pouted before looking at you. She blinked quietly to herself for a few seconds. "This is a bit sensitive, (F/n)...but how far did you go with Florian?"

"Aletta!" You groaned. The three of you were in your room after breakfast. It was nearing the afternoon so you were just trying to get ready for the day. Freshening up a little and preparing yourself to go out into the forest for some potion ingredients and to see if other light creatures would like to come to the castle. Somehow a quick moment in your room was getting dragged on by your two friends.

"No point in asking that. You know Florian was traditional. He would have waited until the wedding night." Verona sighed as you pouted at the mirror. She was right about that. "What's with that look?" Her teasing tone caused your eyes to widen.

"N-Nothing!" You screamed inside.

"Oh~! Is our sweet (F/n) not as innocent as we think?" Aletta wiggled her brows.

"Guys, s-shut up. Have you seen Florian? Anyone would have wanted to...do stuff," you mumbled towards the end.

"He was too soft for my taste." Verona shrugged.

"And you do have questionable taste." Aletta nodded only to get jabbed in the chest. The brunette grunted right away, clutching herself after Verona's attack. "F-Florian was a nice guy, but I didn't want to deal with Agatha's wrath."