Laughter

Ch.25

Thanks to Namjoon's generosity, Jimin didn't suffer a cruel death. Yoongi didn't follow through with Namjoon's order and Jungkook had to keep an eye on Jimin. Otherwise, Namjoon may be tempted to reverse his order. You would prefer if none of your friends get hurt. Hopefully Namjoon keeps that in mind seeing as you won't always be there to watch them. Jungkook also tends to come and go when he pleases, so you'd like to come back and see Jimin in one piece. You're sure Taehyung will do his best to keep it that way along with Seokjin and Hoseok.

The main reason you can't stay there with them to insure Jimin's safety is because you have a life at the village to maintain. One of those aspects being Florian's girlfriend. Thinking about it still caused flutters to occur in your stomach. Today was the day that you go on a date with Florian! Of course, you mentioned none of this to the guys. You spent all day with them yesterday to make sure they got more than enough of your presence and then you dropped the information that you would be unable to visit them tomorrow. They were sad, but figured it was in order to not make this mother figure of yours worry.

Miss Arla's surprise visits can be terrifying, but you had a feeling she would be leaving you alone for a bit. If she does show up at your house then the most she would do is help you get ready. However, you were able to dress up all on your own. It was almost the afternoon and no sight of Miss Arla. Maybe you were safe for today. So with no other worries and your mind on Florian, you rode Malakai over to the Bauer farm. The smile on your face wouldn't leave and it only got worse when you saw Florian leave his house to rush over to you.

"Hey, there! I'm just about ready! I was going to pick you up but you beat me to it!" Florian stared up at you sweetly. He held onto your hand, rubbing his thumb on the back. He looked so handsome. His pearly white smile was making your heart skip a beat. You badly didn't want him to let go of your hand, but sadly the two of you had to part. Florian needed to go get Blume so the two of you could be on your way. He was ecstatic to start the date and so was his mother who was not so secretly peeking through the window of their house. You just giggled to yourself, content with your life anytime you were with Florian.

"Are you ready to get going?" Florian asked. He finally came by your side on Blume. The tan horse let out a whiny, looking gorgeous as always.

"I'm ready! And Blume looks so cute today." You lifted up your reins.

"Thank you. I brushed her earlier this morning since she's shedding a lot of her old coat and washed her mane." Florian rubbed the side of Blume's neck. "I can always help you out with Malakai's mane like I said. I'm darn good at braiding."

"Oh really?" You watched him lift his chin up in the air. "I might have to take you up on the offer one of these days."

"You won't regret it." Florian assured you, earning plenty of giggles from you. He chuckled himself, the two of you with big smiles on your faces.

"So where are we going?" You questioned. The horses were walking in the same direction, but you had no idea where.

"Just keep following my lead!" Florian winked before cracking the reins. Blume took off running, causing you to gasp. He's got another thing coming if he thinks he'll win this time! Squeezing Malakai's sides with your legs, you cracked his reins.

"Run!" You ordered. Malakai was on it and wasted no time to start running as fast as he could.

The date starting off competitive sounds about right. You may have a soft spot for Florian, but you were going to win no matter what. Blume was a lovely horse, but the last race should have told him how this was going to end. It didn't take long before Malakai was catching up with Blume. Florian put on a shocked expression as if he would have a trick up his sleeve. Whatever last minute boost Blume could do, nothing could top your beautiful stallion. He was powerful with every stride as he went further than the other two. You were in the lead, grinning to yourself until you eventually had to slow down for Florian. It took you a minute to realize you had no idea where you were going. It was embarrassing, but Florian got a good laugh out of it.