Foolish

Ch.22

First thing you did this morning after feeding all your animals was head to the castle. So many of your animals were going wild this morning. You're not sure if Youngjo riled them up or something. The ducks were following you nonstop as you went around throwing bird feed on the ground. There were some pieces of cut up fruit as well for the bigger animals. It was funny seeing a few squirrels rush down from their trees to get the fruit. They had to get there faster than the birds who were trying to snatch it up into the sky. Though it wasn't as bad as you eating an apple and Youngjo having the audacity to peck at it straight from your hand.

There was a lot you wanted to say to Youngjo. Based off the conversation that happened the other day at the castle, you were more than ready to lecture your bird. He got lucky though since he flew away to go travel wherever he wanted. Not without leaving you a broken silver spoon he found who knows where. His version of gifts was...appreciated. Into the box it went. The next time you see him though, you'll have a strong word with him. Youngjo can't escape you!

Other than that, you got on Malakai and went to the castle. Today might as well be the day you learn something new from Jimin. You don't have the other skills mastered yet, but you figured it would be better to have all the skills achieved at least. You can focus on putting them into action later and improving your grip on them. Malakai stopped in front of the castle steps for you to get off. You climbed down, patting Malakai for being a good horse. He soon trotted off while you went inside the castle. As soon as you got in, you met no one.

Where was Jimin? Walking down the long hallway, you looked around and noticed how much cleaner the castle was. There weren't as many cobwebs in the corners of rooms anymore. Dust wasn't piling on picture frames or stuck in nooks and crannies. It managed to put a smile on your face to see the effort all the creatures have been putting into taking care of the castle. The castle was becoming a home again. You were getting so absorbed in examining the house that you almost forgot what you came here for. It wasn't until you made it to the end of the hall where the large windows allowed the light to come in.

"You're here!" Taehyung grinned, causing you to face him. He stood in his human height and looked handsome with the sun's glow on his blue skin.

"Oh! Taehyung, it's nice to see you. I see you guys have been cleaning the castle." You pointed out to get an enthusiastic nod from him.

"Yeah, Hoseok and I have been working hard to get the castle looking nice again! The others try to help too, but I don't think they enjoy it as much as us." Taehyung chuckled with a shrug. "Jimin has mainly been helping with the nature as you can see." He gestured out the window to the garden outside. You took a look to see Jimin using his magic to heal a majority of the plants that were out there. The overgrown plants were being trimmed and weeds were taken out. "We have a strong connection to nature, fairies specifically."

"It's looking beautiful." You admired Jimin's work. "I'm actually going to go talk to him right now. I want to see if I can learn my skill from him today."

"Really? That's big! Go on ahead!" Taehyung stepped out of the way. He held his arm out for you to continue walking to the right of the hall to meet Jimin. Returning Taehyung's smile, you thanked him and began walking only to pause in your tracks. You turned to grab Taehyung's hands, squeezing them.

"Oh, right. Taehyung, I wanted to tell you that the soup you created was so delicious. I think you really have a knack for cooking. You'll be better than me in no time!" You told him. You weren't positive if you had told him this yesterday, but you wanted him to know. "I can't wait to cook with you again!" You waved goodbye to him.

You didn't stay much longer to start another conversation. The plan was to find Jimin and start early on your plan anyway. Getting distracted happened by accident. You just wanted him to know, but you didn't get to see the way it made Taehyung's eyes sparkle. He was finding his purpose here and it made him feel fuzzy inside. Your approval was different from Namjoon's though. The pixie couldn't help himself from looking down at his hands that you had held. He closed his hands, not realizing that his cheeks were getting dusted with a darker shade of blue.