Cruel Life

Ch.42

Was it really so hard to be left alone? Yoongi could feel his eye twitching the longer he walked around the forest with three idiots following closely. They were supposed to spread out, yet they never did. Hoseok was convinced he was needed in case Yoongi got into any more trouble. It happened once and now he wouldn't let go of that. But having a talkative elf wasn't as bad as having a cheerful merman join them. Together they were completely idiotic and the worst part of it was that they were best friends. That just meant that they were constantly bouncing off the same ideas. It was awful to endure for the more serious vampire. He wanted to kill demons and put Jungkook in his place.

That didn't feel possible even though it was their entire mission. Not once did Yoongi think Jimin's presence would help either. All the fairy did was joke around, poke fun, and encourage terrible ideas for Seokjin. Hoseok was supposed to be the smart one, but Yoongi had a hard time believing that. He seriously questioned how he ended up getting stuck with them. He was positive Seokjin and Jimin would have at least gone their own way. Turns out that wasn't the case. Now that they were all reunited, they stuck together like glue and that included refusing to leave Yoongi alone.

They wouldn't even listen to him when he told them to go away. They didn't listen when he was subtle or blunt! It seemed to only make them want to stay more. Yoongi could tolerate Hoseok and enjoy Jimin's presence at times (mainly when Taehyung was around). As for Seokjin...he was an odd one. Correction, they all were. It almost hurt Yoongi to be associated with them. He didn't want the demons spotting him next to these three fools. The worst part about it was that they continuously pestered him on every little thing. He wanted this over with already.

"Yoongi, Yoongi, Yoongi!" Jimin bounced from rock to rock as they crossed a river.

"Please slip." Yoongi sighed.

"I heard that!" Jimin shouted.

"I wasn't being quiet."

"Yoongi, it wouldn't kill you to lighten up a little." Hoseok crossed his arms. He stared at Yoongi with a pout as if that would change anything.

"And it wouldn't kill you to cross the river already! It's not even that deep!" Yoongi huffed. He was the first one across and it was irritating how much the others took their time. Jimin was messing around, Hoseok was scared, and Seokjin...that animal. "Seokjin! Don't you dare touch the water!"

"And why not?" Seokjin questioned. He was crouched down on a flat rock, watching the little fishes swim by. "I'm just like them!"

"That's the problem. If you turn into a fish on us, then we're ditching you." Yoongi spared no mercy with his words. He earned himself a glare from Seokjin and a sad look from Hoseok. It wouldn't take long for the elf to start whining which just made Yoongi want to run for it.

"You say all this stuff to sound tough YET you stay with us. Want to know why?" Jimin finally joined Yoongi on the other side of the river. The vampire could have rolled his eyes at the question. He knew nothing good would come out of answering it. It would probably be something stupid anyway. "Because you love us!" There it was.

"No." Yoongi gritted his teeth. "Because Namjoon and (F/n) would like all of you to remain alive."

"And because you love us!" Jimin continued.

"Aw, I love you too, Yoongi." Seokjin smiled.

"I don't love you!" Yoongi stomped his foot. He hated this conversation so much and it didn't help that he was getting flustered. Jimin had an annoying smirk on his face that made Yoongi's eye twitch. How dare he be so amused? The fairy's teasing eyes only made Yoongi aware of how hot his face felt. He doesn't care for them! He cares for no one, but himself and that's it!