Gardening

Ch.20

Rather than facing Florian and helping him out at the farm, you continued to avoid your problems by helping out at the castle. This time it wasn't with feeding a bunch of hungry men. On this lucky day, you were out of the kitchen and put to work on the garden outside. Jimin said there was a lot of work to be done that couldn't simply be fixed with his magic alone. Him and Taehyung were going to do it themselves until Hoseok volunteered. He was more than happy to help and wanted to be of service. That naturally got Seokjin to volunteer and you joined them on their little mission.

It was certainly nice feeling a part of a team. A nice distraction from the stuff bugging you outside of your life at the palace. None of the men had a clue, not even your raven who you knew you couldn't keep it secret from for long. You would try your best to do so. Still, there was no telling with that nosey little raven. He was bound to find out one way or another. In the meantime, you put yourself in the sun to pull out weeds with the others. It thankfully wasn't too hot today. You weren't sweating profusely and the other guys were just as thankful. It made this task a lot less painful.

Right now, the hardest worker felt like Hoseok. He somehow had the perfect tool to help with pulling out stubborn dead plants. It worked a lot better than a basic shovel. It left all of you in awe, though when you really thought about it, it was Hoseok. Of course he had a clever tool! One he made himself and he was more than thrilled to show it off. He ended up giving the tool to you since he didn't want you working too hard with a shovel. It was very sweet of him! All you had to do was place the staff right above a stubborn weed, shove it down and press a button. You were able to easily pluck it out just like that!

The rest of the guys weren't so lucky. Jimin could manipulate plants for the most part and Taehyung was able to kill any plants that were harmful. He joked saying it was the few times his powers were useful. Then there was Seokjin who was doing his best with a shovel. He was still pretty weak in the legs. Eventually, Hoseok had to give him a hand held shovel to work closely to the ground. There was less of a risk that way. So that's what all of you were doing on this nice day.

"A little sweat isn't too bad. I mean, I'm sure I look nice with a little glow." Jimin fanned his face. "I'm pretty dashing already and now with the sweat?" Jimin proceeded to whistle, earning confused looks from Seokjin and Hoseok. Meanwhile Taehyung just chuckled and nodded along to his friend's words. "And you know what, Taehyung? You too! We're a dangerous duo, you and I."

"You think so? You think I'm dangerous?" Taehyung blinked innocently.

"Oh, a hundred percent! Not in the way Jungkook thinks. I'm talking about your looks." Jimin wagged his finger to Taehyung. He was more than ready to hype up his friend who was blushing dark blue. "Don't act like you don't know! You're quite the looker! Right, (F/n)?"

"Yes, Taehyung is very beautiful." You nodded with a giggle. There was something about the pixie that made him look absolutely ethereal. His features that made him stand out from natural humans were his strength. He felt unreal at times when he stood in his taller height. You had no problem joining the Taehyung appreciation party, unaware of the way it affected the pixie. Taehyung felt like he couldn't breathe for a few seconds. He didn't know what to say while his friend continued to talk loudly.

"Exactly! (F/n) sees what I'm seeing!" Jimin smacked his hands together for emphasis.

"I'm beautiful too," Seokjin added.

"Yeah, we're more than aware." Jimin pouted. He crossed his arms as he looked the merman up and down. Seokjin had no business looking that pretty.

"What about me?" Hoseok smiled.

"I'm gonna pretend you didn't ask that." Jimin turned away as Hoseok's jaw dropped.

"That's mean!" Taehyung smacked his friend.