Capable

Ch.40

Namjoon would be tossing and turning if his shoulder wasn't completely busted. He could hardly raise his arm. He just felt too weak. Naturally his right shoulder was sore and struggling to function like it used to. He did get stabbed there. Sort of. The whole dragon him and human him thing was still a tough one to figure out. But the reason he felt that way was because it was hard trying to get some rest when he knew all his friends were out there fighting demons!

Could he trust them?

No. No he could not. Namjoon refused to believe they were capable of defeating a fleet of demons and surviving. Yoongi could pull it off. Seeing as Yoongi was an excellent fighter and powerful, Namjoon had no fear about this specific friend. You were powerful as well and Namjoon trusted you in being successful. He just couldn't himself from losing his mind at the idea of you getting injured. You can protect yourself, sure! That will not stop Namjoon from being worried sick about you. He'd much rather have you here in the castle, safe with him. Possibly tending to him...

Anyway, his trust in the three others were low. Hoseok could build excellent weapons and use them. Was he talented with them? Not really. Namjoon had low expectations for the elf which sounded rude. It couldn't be helped in the prince's eyes. Not only that, but Jimin. He was a feisty one, yet the man is a fairy and his magic isn't anything to be afraid of. The poor guy might end up getting his wings damaged just like his best friend! At that point, what good will he be in this battle against the demons? Then Seokjin was a lost cause completely. The man barely learned how to use his legs!

"He's stressing out," Taehyung whispered to the raven that got too comfortable on the bed.

"I'm not stressing out." Namjoon sighed.

"Stressing out," Youngjo mimicked Taehyung's voice. The pixie found it humorous as he laughed while Namjoon was left disturbed. Hearing a human voice leave a bird's mouth was unsettling. He couldn't be the only one who saw it that way.

"How can you laugh at a time like this? Aren't you worried sick of what could be happening to Jimin right now?" Namjoon pressed Taehyung for answers. That managed to make the blue hair quiet. Youngjo remained a black feathered ball between them, intrigued to see where this conversation would go.

"Well, of course I'm worried about him. I just also know that Jimin will be too stubborn to die." Taehyung shrugged. He playfully tapped his toes together, looking at Namjoon as if he would understand.

"That makes no sense." Namjoon blinked. There was a beat of silence as Taehyung nodded.

"What he said." Taehyung only left the prince confused. It took him a second to realize he was talking about the raven.

"I can't hear him, Taehyung!"

"I'm sorry!!"

Right away, Namjoon felt bad for raising his voice at the little pixie. He knew Taehyung would never mock him. Already, he was looking down at his lap and wanting to turn away from Namjoon. The both of them were struggling to get comfortable due to their injuries. Namjoon sighed heavily, knowing he needed to relax and say something. Having to tolerate Youngjo's judging gaze any longer would make him lose his mind. Seriously, getting judged by a bird of all things!

"No, don't be sorry. You know how short my temper is. It is something that I am trying to work on and improve," Namjoon said in a calmer tone. Hopefully he got his sincerity across. "I apologize."

"You mean it?" Taehyung stared up at the man with big eyes. "I accept, Namjoon. I could never be upset at you for long. Not with everything you've done for me." His smile grew to see the prince's dimples appear.