Chapter 25: I Need You.

Niall's POV

I practically ran towards the hospital, with adrenaline rushing through me, but the nurse stopped me.

"Who are you for with?" She asked, examining my situation.

"Lore Rivers." I said while panting for breaths. She typed immediately at the computer then gave me a concerned look before smiling weakly.

"Room 302." She stated, I muttered a thank you before rushing towards the elevator. I pressed the 3rd button and waited impatiently at the elevator. Once the doors opened, I ran down the quiet hallway and later on, saw the lads and Lawrence in the chairs, all were looking stressed and worried.

"Where's she?" I asked, Liam was walking back and forth then looked at me.

"She's in the room, the doctors are arranging her inside." He said and right on cue, the doctors came out with a frown in their faces. All of us went towards them, and one of them removed his glasses.

"So...?" Harry asked.

"She was hit really hard. She already have major injuries. I'm afraid, she has to stay for a long time here. We need to undergo more tests. Also, we'll do a surgery in her leg, but, she will be unable to walk again, if she survives." The doctor said. I looked at him, as if he was talking crap.

"What 'if'? You should make sure she will!" I half-shouted. I was fuming in anger. Zayn whispers to me to calm.

"I'm sorry, but we'll do our best." The Doctor said.

"You should." I snapped. The boys gave the doctor's an apologetic look. They made a few talks then the doctor's left.

I sat at the hospital chairs quietly while staring at the wall blankly.

"You okay, mate?" I heard someone asked. I looked at him, Lawrence.

"What a stupid question, you ask." I grumbled. He looked taken aback. I stared back at the wall unti I realized something.

"Why aren't you there to protect her?" I gritted under my teeth. I looked back at him to see him puzzled.

"Wha--How--Huh?" He stuttered.

"Are you out of you fucking shit?! AREN'T YOU HIS BOYFRIEND?! You're supposed to be getting her away from any fucking harm! Not letting her get hurt hardly! WHAT KIND OF A BOYFRIEND ARE YOU?!" I shouted in anger. He looked at me with confusion, irritation, and tiredness.

"I'm not his boyfriend." He said plainly. The boys eyes shot wide, including mine's.

"What do you mean?" Louis asked. Lawrence sighed.

"We broke up a while ago. But we didn't went through a fight, in fact, it was a decision needed to be made." He explained.