ANNOUNCEMENT: Part 2

Tanglaw is OFFICIALLY a 2022 Wattys Winner under the Historical Fiction category!

This announcement is a little late but what a ride it has been! I remember writing a messy and very, very broad story idea on my notes app way back early 2020 (see photo below). I almost forgot that I had this not-so-concrete plot but thankfully I remembered it upon watching a video about the Victorian Era.

 I almost forgot that I had this not-so-concrete plot but thankfully I remembered it upon watching a video about the Victorian Era

It amazes me that everything started with a messy draft and now I'm here. It all started with a random idea at the middle of the night and now... I am here.

I cannot describe what I am feeling exactly because this still feels surreal, but one thing is for sure: I am grateful.

Grateful to everyone who have supported and vocalized their belief in me from the very start.

Grateful to everyone who have shown interest and love to my story even if it wasn't perfect.

And grateful to everyone who inspired me to write this story, and speak of my pains and deepest thoughts without the fear of judgment and side eyes.

Once again, thank you for being a part of this journey. I hope my words embrace your souls like they do to me every time, and may you finally find and become the light you have always desired in this darkness-clad world.

This is all for you.

Love,
joyie