I Love You, Always

The next morning I woke up and looked over at Jade's peaceful face. "You're a creep" she quietly murmured, keeping her eyes closed. "Ya love me" I squealed as she slowly opened her eyes. "Don't let that go to your head" she replied with a smile as she gave me a kiss. "Jade Napier" said a voice as a woman dropped from the ceiling in a flurry of black. "For fucks sake what is it now" I yelled as I looked at the masked woman holding a silver sword.

"Really? A fucking assassin?" I said as I quickly picked up the mallet next to the bed and swung it towards her. She skilfully dodged it, softly landing on her feet. "Harley, wait" Jade exclaimed as she quickly stood between the assassin and me. "Who are you" she said as the lady took off her mask. "Nyssa Al Ghul, heir to the demon" she said in an authoritative tone. "Why are you here" I chirped, pushing Jade to the side. "Ra's Al Ghul has come to collect his soldier" she said as she pointed the end of her sword towards Jade.

"No way, she's not going with you" I yelled back as I flipped, kicking the sword out of her hand. "She's mine" I said with a maniacal laugh as I attacked Nyssa with swift punches. She dodged most of them before attacking back. I watched as Jade picked up the sword and smack Nyssa in the back of the head with the hilt. "We have to get out of here" she said as she quickly grabbed a bag and started packing things.

"What do ya mean, she's passed out, we can just dump her somewhere, we don't gotta leave" I replied as I stopped Jade's trembling hands. "No, he will send more assassins even stronger than his daughter" she responded as she shoved more things into the bag. "Grab the steaks for Bud and Lou and get in the car" she said as she shooed the hyenas towards me. She quickly pulled out our weapons and stuffed them into another bag before packing everything into her car. Bud and Lou sat in the back seat, with their heads out the windows.

"I know some people, they live far, in these icy mountains but they will protect us" she said as she quickly drove through Gotham. "How do ya know they won't betray us" I asked as I crossed my arms in annoyance. "Harls, don't be mad, I just want to keep us safe. Besides, I saved their son from an assassin, they will look after us" she replied as we began to drive in less busy terrain. We finally began our ascent into a much colder and rockier climate. "They live not too far from here" Jade said as she gently held my hand.

Once we arrived she knocked on the door of a small hut. A woman opened the door and quickly wrapped Jade in a hug. "Joshua, Jade is back" she yelled out as a child ran out of the house, wrapping his arms around Jade's leg. "We need your help" she finally said as the woman quickly ushered us inside, along with our luggage and my precious hyenas. "What did you do this time" she said in a stern voice as she watched Bud and Lou carefully. "The head of the demon is looking for me" she replied as she began to fidget with her pocket knife.

"You can stay here for a few days but I cannot protect you from such a powerful force" she said in warning as she cautiously looked over at me. "Did you escape from the circus?" She finally asked. "No, I'm Harley Quinn" I replied as I stuck my hand for her to shake. "Oh" she quietly said as she looked over at Jade. "I know she's Mista J's sister, calm down" I replied, causing a look of relief to relax her features.

After a few hours, urgent knocks on the front door erupted through the hut. Jade quickly jumped off the couch and looked through the cracks in the door. "It's them, hide" she quickly said to the woman and her son. She then swung the door open and stabbed her sword through the first man. "Jade, you must return" ordered the familiar voice of Nyssa. "If not for me than for your beloved" she said as she dodged Jade's blade. I quickly picked up my baseball bat and pushed through to the doorway. "She has no beloved in Nanda Parbat" I said as I swung my bat towards her face which she barely dodged under.

"You told her of our land?" She yelled in anger at Jade. "Well, she is my beloved" she replied as she blocked Nyssa's sword. She pushed her back, away from the hut and continued to fight her outside in the snow. They fought in a rapid blur of metal before a familiar cackle rang through the mountains. "No" I screamed as I looked over at the tall, thin silhouette of Mista J. "Jack, what are you doing" Jade yelled as he approached her. I quickly leapt towards him, swinging my bat at his disfigured face, but he smacked me out of the way.

I looked over at Jade who pointed her sword at the pale man. "My goons saw you two drive out of Gotham, I had to follow. Nyssa, what a pleasant surprise" he said at the sneering assassin. "You think I don't know of your dishonourable lifestyle, you kill for fun" she spat at him. The Joker laughed even harder before turning back to Jade, ready to fight. "Harley, I need your help, you fight Nyssa, I got Jack" she yelled out as I picked myself up and swung my bat. "That piece of wood is no match for my sword" Nyssa said as she lunged towards me.

I quickly dodged her attacks before swinging my bat towards her ribs. I felt a crunch as she collapsed, holding her side. I jabbed the end of my bat into her chin, tipping her head upwards. "Don't underestimate me" I replied as I swung the bat at her face, concussing her. I turned to watch Jade fight Mista J. They edged closer to the side of the mountain. "Jade be careful" I yelled as I watched her foot slip. I ran towards them, preparing to swing at The Joker.

But instead, his footing slipped on the icy surface and he began to fall from the edge of the mountain. Jade quickly grasped onto his arm, trying to pull him up. "Jade, you can't let me die" he laughed as his body hung from the 40 metre drop. "Harley" Jade said as her eyes filled with worry. I grabbed onto her hand to support her. "We can pull him up" I replied trying my best to help her. But we both slipped on the icy rock, until just my hand was holding onto the edge of the stone. "Jade I can't hold on much longer" I cried out as I looked down at her, still holding onto her brother's
arm.

"Harley, let me go" she whispered as my grasp tightened on her. "Never" I replied. "You said it yourself, someone like him, someone like me, shouldn't be alive. This way you will be safe from him and his bloodline will end" she said as The Joker continued to laugh at her words. "I can't lose you, Jade" I began sobbing at the inevitable. "I love you, Harley Quinn" was the last thing she ever whispered before she ripped her hand out of mine and fell to the rocks below.

I felt a hand grab onto mine, Nyssa lifted me up until I stood on the ground beside her. My eyes welled up with tears as I looked down at the foggy rocks. "I'm sorry, Harley, Jade was a good soldier" she said as she silently walked away. I sat in the snow and buried my head in my hands as I cried. Bud and Lou sat next to me as they kept me warm in the snow. After the sky turned black I stood up and whispered "I love you too, Jade Napier, always".