Insanity Runs Through Your Veins

"He's your brother? YOU LIED TO ME" I screamed as I threw a bottle at her through the bars. She quickly snatched it out of the air, her green eyes glaring into mine. "I didn't lie to you" she muttered under her breath. "Really? So when I asked if I knew your brother and you said no, that wasn't a lie? I dated him for years! He abused me for years!" I continued to shout as I slammed my clenched fists against the bars.

"Harley, I'm sorry" she whispered as I pushed the door open. "Please, I don't want to hurt you" she begged as I jumped out of my cell with a wicked smile on my face. "Too late, ya dead" I chirped, forcing all my emotions down, as I leapt towards her. She quickly dodged my attempt and stepped away. She continued to avoid my attacks but I got faster and angrier. She started to defend herself before she grabbed hold of my wrists and held me away from her. "Harley, please, I can't hurt you, not you, not like he did" she cried out as I kept fighting against her strength.

"People like him shouldn't be alive" I said with a clenched jaw as I pushed her back. "I'm nothing like him" she responded as my eyes darkened. "I've heard that before and it's always a lie" I said as did a front flip, landing softly on my toes in front of Jade. "I'm not lying" she whispered as she backed away until her back touched the concrete wall. "I spent my entire life trying not to be him, I will always stop myself from becoming the monster he is" she continued as her sad green eyes met mine.

Her eyes were so similar to his, the shape, the colour. She even had the cold hardness he had from years of fighting. "You will never understand the pain he caused me" I said as I pushed back my fist, preparing to take a swing. She quickly bent down, my fist flying into the damp concrete, leaving bits of grey powder at the floor. I cursed in pain as my fist throbbed, a dark red shade spreading across the skin. I turned towards Jade who was preparing to defend herself. A heard a small whoosh as I felt a sharp prick in my neck.

My vision went blurry as I slowly fell to the ground. I felt Jade's hands support the back of my head and my waist as I landed on the concrete. She then pulled out the tranquilliser from my neck and carried me to my cell where I fell into a deeper sleep. I woke up to the sound of Amanda Waller yelling. "Ms Napier, you are responsible for this inmate, I should not rely on another guard having to sedate her. I have seen you fight, you could have taken her down in a single move. I hired you because I saw potential, you better start using that potential or you're fired" she sneered into Jade's face whose eyes were fixed on me.

She then stomped out of the cell, leaving me with Jade. "Good morning" she said in a tired tone as she tore the sleeve off her shirt and removed the playing card from her skin. It was buried deep and she winced as a stream of blood dripped from the wound. She tightly wrapped the fabric around it before looking back up at me. "Don't speak to me" I replied as I rolled over, facing the back wall. "Harley, you can't hate me forever" she sighed as I continued to ignore her. "How is this even my fault, I didn't choose to be his sister!" She yelled out, causing me to flinch.

I quickly stood up and looked at her, "see that, right there, your temper is exactly like his" I replied with a serious tone. Her eyes widened as she whispered "but you weren't talking to me". "You may seem different to him but deep down you're exactly the same. Insanity runs through your veins and one day you're going to break just like he did. You may not be him now but you will be. It only takes one bad day" I said with an authoritative tone. I mean I was qualified to make this judgement, being Dr Quinzel and all that.

"I know I remind you of him. My mother always said Jack and I have the exact same eyes. I know you see him in me, but I'm not the man who abused you" she said, tears pricking her eyes. "How can I believe the sister of someone capable of what he did to me" I cried out as I sat back down on the thin mattress. "If I could have stopped him, I would have" she whispered as she gently grasped the bars of my cell. "Please, just trust me" she whispered again as she rested her forehead against the bar.

"I can't" I replied as I crossed my arms. "I'll do anything to fix this. I want to help" she said trying to reach me but I moved back. "Yeah well you should try getting me outta Arkham" I said sarcastically with a laugh. "I will" she responded as she started to think. "If I get you out of here, I can stop him from getting to you" she carefully said. "He's trying to hurt you, maybe even kill you. I have to keep you safe" she whispered. She then turned away from me as she continued talking, maybe even to herself. "I have always been shadowed by what Jack has done. The worst thing he has done is what he did to you Harley. I can protect you, I can reverse the damage he has done. Maybe that's how I can get out of his shadow, by undoing every horrible thing he does" she asserted as she finally turned to me.

"Let me help you" she insisted as her green eyes met my blue ones. "What about ya precious laws?" I replied with a giggle. "Fuck them. This is so much better. I can do a lot more good this way" she responded with a wide smile. "How are we going to escape?" I questioned. "I have a plan" she eventually answered.