Girls Night

I gently brushed back Jade's dark hair with my finger nails as she quietly slept. Her wound was beginning to look better but she still hadn't woken up. I tried everything ya know. Loud music, shaking her, I even threw pillows at her. I was startin' to lose hope. Suddenly, a knock rang through the apartment as someone waited at the front door. I walked over to the door and opened it slightly, peaking through the crack. "What are you doing here" I said in annoyance as I swung the door open, revealing Ivy.

"Has she woken up yet?" She asked as she walked in, makin' herself at home. "No" I grumbled as I crossed my arms as she knelt beside Jade. "I'm sorry Harls, I thought it would work" she sighed as she pulled out a new syringe of a dark green substance. "I made this, just in case my first treatment wasn't successful" she stated as she gently pushed the needle into Jade's wrist. I watched in interest as the green shade travelled up her arm and dissipated into her body. Jade moved slightly as I squealed in happiness. She then gently opened her eyes, her eyelashes fluttered as her vision cleared.

"Harley?" she said as she watched me jumping up and down in joy. "You're awake! You're awake" I chirped as I ran towards her. I wrapped her in a big hug as she softly patted my back in return. "Careful, Harls, she's fragile" Ivy said as she pulled me back. Jade slowly sat up, until she faced the both of us. "Feeling any better" Ivy asked as she checked the area she injected the needle. "I feel strange" Jade replied, rubbing her temples in circles. "I know" Ivy responded with a sigh.

"I gave you my toxins" she gently said as she placed the syringe onto the table beside the bed. "What does that mean" Jade quickly said as her eyes searched Ivy's. "Well you're stronger and faster than a human. You're immune to poison and toxins. You may feel a connection to plants, but other than that, you're the same Jade Napier" she said with a slightly disgusted tone at her last name. Jade's eyes quickly met mine then looked back at Ivy. "You saved my life" she whispered as she looked down at the ground.

"It's obvious Harley cares about you, I couldn't let you die" Ivy replied with a brief smile as she began to pack her things to leave. "Not so fast" said a deep voice. We all turned to the doorway, there stood the dark figure of Batman. "Batsy, you can't ruin girls night" I said with a little stomp. He pulled out a batarang and quickly threw it towards me. The thin metal sliced through the air but stopped centimetres before me. Jade had caught it between her fingers. She quickly tossed it back at Batman who used the armour on his forearms to break it in half.

"Who are you?" He grunted at Jade as she slowly stood up with a stretch. "I'll give you a hint, we were both trained by Ra's Al Ghul himself", she said with a smile as she charged towards him. Batsy staggered backwards, trying to block her swift attacks but he couldn't keep up. Eventually, he fired a grappling hook towards Jade, the rope wrapping around her, tying her arms to her sides. He then turned to Ivy and I, getting ready for a fight. After a few minutes of vines whipping across the air and my swift mallet whacking into Batsy, he eventually got the both of us handcuffed.

He then turned to Jade and stepped closer to her struggling form. "Who are you" he repeated, his eyes watching her carefully as she burst into a fit of laughter. She threw her head back, tears springing to her eyes as she continued to laugh. Batman stepped back in shock as he watched Jade's face slowly transform to become more serious. "Tell me who you are" he yelled as he held a batarang against her throat. "No" I shrieked as I pulled against my handcuffs, feeling the metal slice into my wrists. Ivy tried to calm me down.

"Use your stupid plants" I whispered. She shook her head, "his handcuffs stop my powers from working" she muttered as she showed me the light blue glow around the cuffs. I looked back over at Jade, her eyes quickly met mine and with a wink she turned back to Batsy and spat out "I'm just a member of the league, let us go or Ra's Al Ghul will find you". "If you were still a member, you would wear their armour.  Now tell me your name" he grunted, applying more pressure to the batarang. I squirmed in frustration, watching Jade's stubborn face.

"I'm Jade Napier" she mumbled in defeat. Batman dropped his weapon, turning to meet my gaze. "The J-Joker's sister?" He questioned as he turned back to Jade. "Yes" she said with a wide smirk, showing off her perfectly white teeth as her eyes darkened. She then kicked her leg upwards hitting the Dark Knight in the jaw. He staggered backwards, dropping the grappling gun and loosening the ropes surrounding Jade. She quickly burst free and began to tackle Batman.

Her fists pounded his form as he blocked as many hits as he could. Jade circled him, forcing him closer to the window before kicking him square in the chest with both legs during a back flip. Leaving Batsy to fly out the window and crash on top of his batmobile which flew him away to safety. Jade quickly turned to me, picking the lock around my wrists. "Are you ok, Harls" she questioned as she found the deep gashes from the handcuffs. "I'll be fine" I sighed in relief as I wrapped her in a tight embrace. "Hate to break up the fun, but a little help here" said Ivy as she rattled her handcuffs.

Jade quickly knelt down and helped her out of the metal before leading her to the door. "Thank you for saving me" she said with a smile as Ivy waved to her. "Now you gotta focus on protectin' us from Batsy" I chirped as I closed the door and faced Jade. "I don't think he will be a problem" she said with a smile as she pulled me in for another hug.