The Dark Knight

I hope that was a dream. Maybe it's just my paranoia. Ivy would never work for the Joker. She's better than that, right? Wrong. "She wouldn't" I whispered to the voice as I dug my fingernails into my hair. Yes she would, Harls. I gently rocked back and forth as I thought things through.

I knew what I had to do. I walked out of my room and found Ivy. She was lying on the couch, looking like a mess. "Didn't ya sleep?" I asked curiously as her eyes met mine. "I couldn't sleep" she replied. "Why" I asked as I moved her legs off the couch and sat next to her. "I was worried about you" she said as she held her hand over mine. She's lying. I took a deep breath, calming my anger and the voice in my head. "That's sweet of ya but I can look after myself" I said with a smile.

"I know, but I think I love you" she responded as she quickly stood up and ran her hand through her messy hair. "You what?" I said in shock as I looked up at her surprised face. "I-I love you" she said again. She then stepped towards me, kneeling in front of me, resting her hands on my thighs. "Harley, I feel so close to you, I feel closer to you than anyone I've ever met" she continued as she nervously avoided eye contact with. Harley, think about this. Be smart about this. Are you sure you can trust her?

"Ivy, I love you too" I chirped with a big smile on my face. I pulled her in for a passionate kiss as she sat on my lap. "I've never been happier to hear someone say that" she said with a sudden burst of relief. After a few minutes of kissing I nudged her off my lap. "I'm gonna go to the shops and get a coffee, do ya want anything?" I asked as I began to walk towards the exit. "No, I'm ok" she said as she reached her phone and began frantically typing.

Eventually, I arrived at the hideout, feeling happier than ever. Are you sure about this, Harls? I know what I'm doing! As I walked through the building I saw two goons standing on either side of Ivy. She looked up at me as I walked in. "Harley, I'm sorry, I really did care about you, he was going to burn my plants. I had to protect my babies" she begged as the goons began to drag me away. "Don't you understand, Ivy. He doesn't keep his promises, he'll burn them either way." I screamed as the goons gripped my arms until they turned red.

The last thing I saw was Ivy's tear filled eyes as she sat on the couch and wept. I was thrown into the back of a van as the goons began to drive me to Mista J. I searched the van for any weapons, I knew I had a fight ahead of me. I picked up a small switchblade and stored it in my shoe. I then ensured the gun strapped to my thigh was loaded.

When we arrived at the Joker's hideout, I was dragged to a chair in the middle of the 'throne room'. "The boss will be here soon" one of the henchmen said as he fastened restraints to my arms and legs. After a few minutes I heard the familiar clicking of expensive shoes on the polished tiles. A small laugh erupted from him as he stepped into my vision. "Harley Quinn, what a sight" he said with a little chuckle. "You see, Ivy works for me, darlin'. I hired her to seduce you, so you could feel heartbreak, just like I did. It will be the last feeling you ever feel before I slice a smile onto that face." He growled as he stepped closer to me.

I looked up at him with a smile, "did you really think I was that stupid?" Suddenly the glass ceiling shattered around us as a figure stood in the centre of the room. "Batman" the joker growled as he turned towards the Dark Knight.

Three hours earlier:

When Ivy said she loved me I knew something was off. She looked like she was gonna cry when she said it. It felt like all she wanted was for me to say it. All I could think about was why? Why did she need to hear me say it? It seemed like she didn't even care if it was genuine, she just needed to hear it. I thought back on everything that had happened, her constant attempts to seduce me. Then it clicked into place, the Joker is using her to get revenge on me.

I knew when I returned to the hideout, he would be waiting for me. That was it, I revealed how I felt, so he could leave me heartbroken, maybe even dead. I knew what I had to do.

I quickly grabbed hold of a man's arm and punched him in the head. I lifted his unconscious body towards the nearest building. Once we were inside, I shoved him into the elevator and pushed the bottom labelled rooftop. I then grabbed his ankles and dragged him out of the compartment before hanging half his form over the side of the building.

"Batsy" I yelled. "Come n get me" I screamed as people below us noticed what was happening. "This isn't working" I muttered with a chill as the temperature dropped. I quickly turned around to see Batman's towering body, with the soft sound of his cape rustling. "Harley Quinn" he growled as he went to throw a batarang from his armour.

"Wait, wait, wait" I yelled as I reached my arms in front of me to defend myself. "I need your help, Batsy" I said as I threw the unconscious man towards him. "Why would I do that" he replied as he caught the body. "Because, I wanna take down the Joker" I chirped as I placed a stick of bubblegum in my mouth and began to chew.

"Enough of your games, Harley, you're going to Arkham" he sneered as he went to attack me. "You can take me to Arkham as long as you catch Mista J. I swore to him that he would go down, please Batsy, I need your help" I begged as he cautiously watched me. "Tell me what you need me to do" he finally said before letting me flip off the roof of the building onto the roof of another, racing back to Poison Ivy's hideout.